Brackets for Monitor Series 2 speakers?

Options
amheck
amheck Posts: 3
edited August 2003 in Speakers
Hello,

We just received some speakers from my FIL. They are Polk Monitor Series 2. I'm hoping to use these outdoor, on our covered lanai. The speakers look like they are to have mounting brackets, but he doesn't have them. Any ideas where I might get the bracket that's suppose to fit these?

Thanks, Aaron
Post edited by amheck on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited July 2003
    Options
    FIL=father in law?

Call Polk customer service, they have them, and they aren't but $6-$10 each if I'm not mistaken.

NICE outdoor speaker, can't wait to hear about what you have indoors. I have a pair myself (white) in the garage rig, and don't plan on changing them out anytime in the near future.

Cheers,
    Rooster
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • amheck
    edited July 2003
    Options
    Yes, sorry, father-in-law. :)

Actually, he's the Polk person. The dealer he was working thru tried to give him some of the Atrium speakers for his new Indoor setup. I did some research and told him to give those back and get the LSi 9's. I think they originally gave him the Atrium's because he wanted something "bose-like" that mounted to the walls. Anyway, I think he's happy with the LSi's.

Me, I have a system downstairs with the Swan Diva 2.1's and the "big" theater upstairs and B&W 600 series speakers with a SVS PC+ sub. I really dig the setup. I was pretty much decided on the LSi's also, but came across this super deal on the B&W's used.

Anyway, thanks for the info on the speakers. I can't seem to find out much about them. Yahoo search finds lots of "monitor" series from Polk, but not these for some reason. So these are pretty good, huh? How old do you think they might be? Also nice to hear that the brackets might be on the cheap side. That would be super. I headed over to the Polk store before posting here and saw the brackets were in the $40-$60 range. :( Hopefully that's not me.

Anyway, thanks again!

Aaron
  • dthomps
    dthomps Posts: 352
    edited July 2003
    Options
    I bet the info you are finding on yahoo is on the older Monitor line, Series II. The speakers you have are called the M3 series II's.
    Confusing? You bet! If yours are the one I think you own, they are the triangle lookin' speakers with the tweeter in the bottom of the enclosure. Right? They were made from the mid to late 90's ('95-'98?? I believe...)
    and if you look on this link, you should scroll down a little more than half way until you see your model. Remember when ordering that if you mention you are a Club Polk member you will get a little better price.
    Take care, hope this helps.
    Mike
  • amheck
    edited August 2003
    Options
    Thanks for the info, guys.

Parts finally arrived from Pool, and unfortunately, didn't fit. I called up and apparently I have the earlier version of the M3's and they don't offer a bracket anymore. They suggested the Omnimount 20.0 series. Before plunking down money on this bracket, does anyone have the older style brackets for the m3's that they are not using anymore? I was told they just snap in on the old style, versus the pin on the newer ones.

Thanks!
    Aaron