Lord of The Rings DTS Problems ?

Options
WENNERDAHL
WENNERDAHL Posts: 6
edited August 2003 in Music & Movies
Hello,

I have a question about Lords of The Ring DVD. When I play the movie with DTS the Bass is much lower than Dolby Digital. This is the only disc I have that is doing this. I believe my equipment is setup correctly. System is calibrated to 1-2 DB. Just a little frustrating, I normally prefer DTS to Dolby Digital.

Thanks for any info....

Home Theater:
Pioneer VSX-D711 (receiver)
JVC (dvd)
Polk Rti-38 (front)
Polk Csi-30 (center)
Polk Rti-28 (rear)
Velodyne cht-10 (sub)
AudioQuest (cable)

:):)
Post edited by WENNERDAHL on

Comments

• danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited August 2003
    Options
    Not sure if you've thought of done this but when you calibrate your speakers using a SPL and a set up disc like Avia or Sound and Vision. You need to set it up for Dolby Digital, then DTS. One set up setting will not be properly calibrated for both. Each decoding needs it's own set up.

good luck.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • dlew308
    dlew308 Posts: 530
    edited August 2003
    Options
    The LOTR regular edition is known to be "hot" with LFE track. It's been mentioned here :)
  • WENNERDAHL
    WENNERDAHL Posts: 6
    edited August 2003
    Options
    Thanks for the tips!
    I think the problem is my receiver only has one speaker level setting for both DTS and Dolby digital.....may be time to upgrade!
    I did use a setup disc from a friend and sub level on dts section
    was lower be 8 db's. No wonder I have no bass. I'm now using decoder in my JVC dvd player for DTS and receiver for Dolby. I just
    increase sub level setting in dvd player. This is a small pain, but it is working.
  • jdavy
    jdavy Posts: 380
    edited August 2003
    Options
    I would upgrade your speakers. Get the CSi40 and some FXi50's for the rear. :D