Where is the Love.mp3

Options
cscsDanny
cscsDanny Posts: 30
edited August 2003 in Music & Movies
Gentlemen, this post is not intended to arouse any philisophical debate nor do I intend to concern myself with your ethics as it pertains to music, mp3, or "piracy". Black Eyed Peas - Where is the Love.mp3 versions online seemingly are impregnated with anit-piracy distortion. It is so extreme that I would wager it capable of destroying ones speakers or damaging ones hearing if a listener was caught unaware. Don't stream this mp3 at high volumes and good luck and tell me if you can find an unadulterated version in 192kbps.

:)

PEACE
Receiver: Pioneer Elite VSX-43TX
DVD PLAYER: Sony DVP-NC655P
Mains: Bi-Amped Polk Rt1000i
Surrounds: Bi-Wired Polk Rt55i
Center: Bi-Wired Polk Cs400i
Subwooofer: SVS PB1

Post edited by cscsDanny on

Comments

• rs159
    rs159 Posts: 1,027
    edited August 2003
    Options
    Danny? What does the distortion sound like? Is it continuous or does it stop and start? I think I found another "molested" file...The Ataris - Saddest Song.mp3

What happens is it will get to about 30 seconds into the song....and SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECH.........the music cuts out and all there is is this terrible distortion, like fingernails on a chalkboard. After about a minute it will stop, and there is pure undistorted music for about another 30 seconds.......and then the distortion starts again. I didn't even bother to listen to the rest of the file. I did manage to find some files that were apperantly edited by 3rd parties.....they had silence and nice fade-ins and fade-outs where the distortion should have been. Of course neither one is acceptable, and it perplexes me how so many people (I would estimate around 2000 on the KaZaA network) have these "corrupt" files.

*edit* for anybody that wants to tell me to just buy the damn thing...its 6 in the morning, i've heard 30 seconds of it, and i want to hear the whole thing. besides, I can't fully enjoy it anyway becuase of the terrible highs you get with mp3's.
  • rs159
    edited August 2003
    Options
    Found one......192kbps, nice and dynamic, wow.....so maybe not everybody is a dumbass.

And I only had to sift through about 80 files before I found a good one.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,073
    edited August 2003
    Options
    That *screeching* is another record companies "you can't download this" deal. Have fun, not many files are out there that are good. Not even radio cuts....@_@
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • rs159
    edited August 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by Vr3MxStyler2k3
    That *screeching* is another record companies "you can't download this" deal. ...

Then why do people have them? There were 2000 people that thought it was just fine, but don't they realize that having the crappy files is just giving in to the record companies?
    Originally posted by Vr3MxStyler2k3
    ...Have fun, not many files are out there that are good. Not even radio cuts....@_@

Sounds like somebody needs Cool-Edit

http://www.syntrillium.com/cep/

Takes some time to really learn what's wrong with files and how to fix them, but it works