rti150s and veneer

Options
Airplay355
Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
edited August 2003 in Speakers
i have rti150s as a bunch of you know, and just recently i was staring at my babies. i noticed that the veneer on the front under the grills looks and feels different then the veneer on the sides and tops...the veneer on the front feels like plastic, and seems to have straight lines carved in it that do not look like part of the wood. its like one of those hologram things that changes picture based on the angle you are looking at, and makes the same sound when u run your finger nail across it. im confused, i thought it was all real wood?

i know this post is a mess but its hard to describe, anyone else notice this?
Post edited by Airplay355 on

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,054
    edited August 2003
    Options
    hmmm........

Same wood grain runnings, same everything. Unless Polk has the time to mess around with it. It is real wood.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited August 2003
    Options
    weird......and I thought that you'd just bought a pair of 70's sid........are you privy to some inside information that lists every part that each speaker is made of?
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • organ
    organ Posts: 4,969
    edited August 2003
    Options
    Maybe it's the thickness. Aren't the RTi thicker on the front than the sides?

Maurice
  • Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    edited August 2003
    Options
    the wood veneer on my left main feels different then the wood veneer in the same place on my right main....its just the front of my left main that is different, everything else is consistent

i just think its weird, anyone else notice this on their rtis?
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,054
    edited August 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by brettw22
    weird......and I thought that you'd just bought a pair of 70's sid........are you privy to some inside information that lists every part that each speaker is made of?

The RTixxx Line uses the *SAME* wood on ALL speakers....DUH!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.