Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited August 2003
    Originally posted by hoosier21
    after I gave him the color red, it was easy
    Gimme a break... BMW :rolleyes:

Ken,
    You've got mail...
    What's going on at HQ? Y'all cleaning out the closets for the big tour coming next week?
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited August 2003
    Hello Tour,
    I haven't received your email message yet, maybe you should re-send?
    Ken
  • Tour2ma
    edited August 2003
    Done...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • [Deleted User]
    edited August 2003
    Sorry, Tour, I've not received any messages from you. Can you telephone me at 1-800-377-7655 extension 891 and give it to me?
    Thanks, Ken
  • dcarlson
    dcarlson Posts: 1,740
    edited August 2003
    Ken,

I picked up the frame today. It's still sealed in it's original packaging? :)

Once again, thanks so much.

Derick.
    SDA-2a, Anthem Pre-2L, Anthem Amp 1, MF A324 DAC, Rotel RCD1070

Senn HD650 Cardas, Mapletree Audio Ear+ HD2, Kimber KS1030, Bel Canto DAC2, M-Audio Transit, Laptop.
  • gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited August 2003
    Luke wasn't using a pipe wrench. He was using a pipe cutter and cutting them off while in a drunken state.

Keep it Tour. I'm in it for the fame, not the money!

:D

I forgot to add:

It would be cool if anybody that wins a frame tells us what album they are framing.
    Make it Funky! :)
  • dcarlson
    edited August 2003
    I'll let you know when and what record I put in the frame. ;)

Senn HD650 Cardas, Mapletree Audio Ear+ HD2, Kimber KS1030, Bel Canto DAC2, M-Audio Transit, Laptop.
  • Tour2ma
    edited August 2003
    Ken,
    Thanks for the goods. Both arrived safely.

All,
    Ken probably doesn't want this publicized, but these prizes were from his own, private collection.

Gridah,
    Yup, pipe cutter... Well, I'm putting my ill-gotten "Cat People" in the frame... eye candy.
    Since you in it for the glory, can you name the lady gracing the cover?
    d56847120o5.jpg
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited August 2003
    I can name her. Isn't that "Oh baby, oh baby!"

I wanna call her like Natasha Henstridge (I know it's not), or something like that. Gimme a few.
    Make it Funky! :)
  • Tour2ma
    edited August 2003
    You've got the name half right....
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited August 2003
    Kinski is the second half, that movie is damn near X rated at times....fantastic! :)
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited August 2003
    Hello Tour,
    Good, I'm glad you got the record. Have you had a chance to play it yet?
    Ken
    p.s. her father is Klaus Kinski, a really wild movie director. If you ever get the chance to watch his "Fitzcarraldo", it's well worth it. It's about a man who wants to drag a huge steam boat through the thickest jungle in the world. Amazing!
  • dcarlson
    edited August 2003
    I put Radiohead's O.K. Computer in the frame today. Just have to hang it.

• [Deleted User]
    edited August 2003
    That's great. I've wanted to get into them, which one would be the best one to find?
    Ken
  • dcarlson
    edited August 2003
    Radiohead? Get the one I just mentioned. O.K. Computer. It always pops up on those best of the 90s type lists. I think it should be up there in the top of all time but that of course is my list. ;) It's a little out there for the non Radiohead fan and takes some listening to get used to. It sounds fantastic on vinyl. There are many weird sounds that really come through nicely on vinyl. Great vocals, piano, guitar, xylophone, etc..

• organ
    organ Posts: 4,969
    edited August 2003
    Hi Ken,
    The album Derick suggested is very good. I used to listen to Radiohead a lot and even today I listen to them to bring back some memories from six years ago. "The Bends" is also a good Radiohead album.
  • dcarlson
    edited August 2003
    Yup, The Bends is more listener friendly and good as well.

• organ
    organ Posts: 4,969
    edited August 2003
    Yeah, Street Spirit(fade out) is my fav song on that album. The thing I like about Radiohead's music is that they can transport you into another world. I agree that "The Bends" is more listener friendly but OK Computer is one hell of a "dreamy" album.

Maurice
  • [Deleted User]
    edited August 2003
    Thanks, Derick and Maurice, I've got them on my want list.
    Anybody familiar with some of the electronic/acoustic music from the 60's and 70's? Richard Vimal, Jean Michel Jarre or Fuhrs and Froeling?
    Regards, Ken
  • Tour2ma
    edited August 2003
    Ken,

First, I haven't spun "Cat People" yet. Will do in the not too distant future.

I only have JM Jarre on a "Best of..." CD. It's good, but have to be in a rare mood to play it. When I do it reminds me of an evening about 20 yerars ago I spent with over a million close friends in Houston.

JMJ put on a show, "Rendezvous Houston" where the skyline was used as a projection screen. Fireworks were fired from everywhere. And the sound system was the most powerful I have ever heard. I was getting chest thumped 1/4 mile away from the stage.
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• [Deleted User]
    edited August 2003
    Hello Tour,
    Yes, I've heard that Houston concert was amazing, creating laser images on the sides of the skyscrapers. There's an album from that concert with some photos of the event. His two record "Live In China" is my favorite, I've played it dozens of times.
    I won an ebay auction for Radiohead's "The Bends", thanks for the recommendation, Maurice and Derick! I'll warm up the Maplenoll and give it a spin after I get it.
    Regards, Ken