PSW 650 - No light

Options
jkampes
jkampes Posts: 2
edited August 2003 in Troubleshooting
Okay, maybe I'm worried about nothing here, but...

I have had my RTi800 front , RTi600 rear and a CSi400 center speakers for about 2 years. I finally got around to adding my PSW650 this week. I hooked everything up last night and sat down to watch a movie and while I did get sound from my sub, I couldn't get the light to come on. I'm not quite sure what to make of this. Does the fact that I have sound mean I have a bad LED or did I hook the sub up wrong?
Post edited by jkampes on

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited August 2003
    Options
    Hello,
    Thanks for posting on the Forum. It is possible the LED is either not properly connected to the bass amplifier or is defective. Both of these conditions are fairly easy to remedy. To check the LED connection you would:
    1). unplug the AC power cord and remove the 12 Phillips head screws that go around the circumference of the amplifier's input plate.
    2). the amplifier assembly will come away from the cabinet and there should be enough slack to allow the amplifier to be examined with out disturbing the connections.
    3). the logo pod is the combination LED and volume control that leads from the front of the cabinet to the bass amplifier and usually uses a grey wire joined with a white wire. Trace this wire from the logo pod to the amplifier circuit boards and see if anything looks loose or disconnected.
    4). if everything looks fine and the LED is still not working, email me at kswauger@polkaudio and I can send a replacement logo pod with LED that is easy to replace,
    Regards, Ken Swauger