Subwoofer Tower On Da Cheap

Options
VR3
VR3 Posts: 28,061
My Friend bought my KLH and Yamaha receiver. She will also buy the M&K later on. But for now I used her JVC shelf system subs (built on to the side of the speaker). I put one facing against the wall(sub), and then one upside down so it faces the wall.

Although the subwoofers are playing full range sound. Probally cutting off around 200hz. I turned them up alone and found no audible distortion and saw no harm to be done. The subwoofer played loud and effectively. It was perfect for what it was being used for. The JVC and KLH have about 10hz difference though. So there is a slight gap. But not bad for a temp replacement. The Yamaha if you are wondering is pushing the subs and the KLH's off the main amp. *Smart* huh? I didnt notice the receiver getting rediculously hot. We will see. Thought I would share this idea if you ever run into it and want a temp replacement that sounds half ok.
- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
Post edited by VR3 on

Comments

• Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited August 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by Vr3MxStyler2k3
    She ....
    Lookie our boy Sid... impressin' da Ladies with his audio prowess... :D
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    edited August 2003
    Options
    o believe u me big speakers are greeeeeaaaaat for impressin the ladies. until a while ago, the best speakers my friends have heard would be car speakers. i am now the guy people go to when they want to have a party. **** i should start renting out my house.

and look at Dr. Spec, hes got chicks dancin on his pb2...is it just me or am i seeing a trend here?
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited August 2003
    Options
    Cmon now, he used 2 mini-system speakers with built in (side firing) woofs, and corner loaded them.

Well, now that I think about it, I guess he did make the best out of REALLY BAD situtation.

Cheers,
    Rooster
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,061
    edited August 2003
    Options
    Ah nah, she is a friend. She bought my KLH and yammer, so I set it up for her.

Russ, you have no idea.....lol
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.