free records!

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
edited August 2003 in 2 Channel Audio
Hello vinyl enthusiasts,
If anyone would like an LP of Dreamweavers, "L* Roneous/Elusive" or Pink Noise Test, "Plasticized" or Laurnea, "Betta Listen" I'll be happy to send them at no charge. Just email me at kswauger@polkaudio.com and they're yours.
Ken
Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited August 2003
    How nice of you, you sir have mail!

Cheers
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited August 2003
    Russ has spoken up for the Pink Noise Test, but the other two are still available.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited August 2003
    Hello,
    I also have three, new, black metal record album frames I'll send, at no charge. These are intended to frame a record album cover as a work of art (would not use the Beatles, "White" album) on your wall. For this one, a little game, the first person to email me at kswauger@polkaudio.com with the nicknames of jazz giants: Charlie Parker, Lester Young and Billie Holiday, wins.
    Regards, Ken
  • RuSsMaN
    edited August 2003
    You have mail AGAIN.

This is fun, do you have any tube amps to give away?
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited August 2003
    Well done, Russ! He's graciously agreed to accept only one of the frames. So, there are two more available. Here are the next three qualifying questions:
    1). give me the first and last name of the three Pointer Sisters (yes, you can, can)!
    2). who is Robert Zimmerman?
    3). what city is the last resting place of Jim Morrison?
    Ken
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited August 2003
    1) Ruth Anita & June. You could say Bonnie also........(DON'T ASK ME WHY I KNOW, PLEASE)

2) Invented the flurglepoofin' right?

3) Europe, in that filthy country called France I think :D

Well 1 outta 3 aint bad....but why the first one WHY GOD WHY!!!!
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited August 2003
    Very well done, Dorokusai-san. There are two remaining unanswered questions awaiting.
    Who will know all three?
  • Loud & Clear
    Loud & Clear Posts: 1,538
    edited August 2003
    Bob Dylan
    Isn't Jim in, Paris?

Two Channel Setup:

Speakers: Wharfedale Opus 2-3
    Integrated Amp: Krell S-300i
    DAC: Arcam irDac
    Source: iMac
    Remote Control: iPad Mini

3.2 Home Theater Setup:

Fronts: Klipsch RP-160M
    Center: Klipsch RP-160M
    Subwoofer: SVS PB12NSD (X 2)
    AVR: Yamaha Aventage RX-A2030
    Blu Ray: Sony BDP-S790
    TV Source: DirecTV Genie
  • LiquidSound
    LiquidSound Posts: 1,261
    edited August 2003
    Didn't Jim get kicked out of Paris? I remember watching on tv where his plot lease was up and the constant vandalism made them decide not to renew it. I could be completely wrong or exactly right. :D
    Two Channel Main
    Receiver - VSX-54TX
    Mains - Csi40's
    Sub - Spiked Velodyne Cht-8 On Spiked Landscaping Stones

"If you could put speakers in a needle, I'd never see him again..." - My Girlfriend
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited August 2003
    I'm interested in the pink noise! just reread. Russman got it. Cool!!!
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • organ
    organ Posts: 4,969
    edited August 2003
    Looks like I'm out of luck:(. But wouldn't it be nice if Polk does more of this stuff for us forum members:). Give us quizzes and we get prizes like Polk pens, shirts, etc.

Maurice
  • RuSsMaN
    edited August 2003
    How are you out of luck? There are 2 more records for FREE, and the 3-part question has not been answered for the free record frame?
  • organ
    edited August 2003
    The only record I would've wanted is the one you got. I don't know the other bands. I'd like the frame but don't know the answer to any of his questions:(. Maybe I'll look around the web for the answers. I gotta say Russ, you're a damn shark man! You snatched those up quick.

Maurice
  • dcarlson
    dcarlson Posts: 1,740
    edited August 2003
    So what's up? Are the frames spoken for? I would love to have at least one.

Russ, you're a good gracious man. ;)

There's nothing like sticking your favorite album on a wall to display.

Derick.
    SDA-2a, Anthem Pre-2L, Anthem Amp 1, MF A324 DAC, Rotel RCD1070

Senn HD650 Cardas, Mapletree Audio Ear+ HD2, Kimber KS1030, Bel Canto DAC2, M-Audio Transit, Laptop.
  • organ
    edited August 2003
    Hey Derick, there's 2 frames left. You have to answer either question #2 or #3 that he posted. I'm going to look around the web for the answers. Good luck.

*edit* Oops:o You have to answer all 3.

Maurice
  • organ
    edited August 2003
    The answers to the two remaining questions: #2 Author, #3 Paris.

Maurice
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited August 2003
    Ya Gots Mail...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • dcarlson
    edited August 2003
    #1. Bonnie Pointer, June Pointer, Anita Pointer, Ruth Pointer.

#2. Bob Dylan's given name

#3. Paris.

Derick.

Senn HD650 Cardas, Mapletree Audio Ear+ HD2, Kimber KS1030, Bel Canto DAC2, M-Audio Transit, Laptop.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited August 2003
    Good morning Derick,
    If I am reading everything correctly, you are the winner! Please email me at kswauger@polkaudio.com and I'll get the two frames to you. Congratulations. I have a few more items of interest and I'll post another music/movie quiz.
    Have fun, Ken
  • [Deleted User]
    edited August 2003
    Hello members,
    After going through all of this mornings emails (448) I've found that BET sent the correct answers about six hours earlier than Derick. In all fairness, it would be best to split the two remaining frames between these two, since they both were correct.
    Regards, Ken
  • [Deleted User]
    edited August 2003
    Hello,
    I have a very fine copy of a true audiophile LP, it is the theme music for a movie called, "Cat People". This has been on just about everyone's RTDF (records to die for) list. If your system has the bass resolution and dynamic range, this will sound amazing! Here's the three qualifying questions:
    1). in Stanley Kubrick's "2001 A Space Odyssey" where was HAL assembled, city and state, please?
    2). in "Cool Hand Luke" what crime sent Paul Newman's character to jail in the first place, I need the specific thing he was doing?
    3). in Elizabeth Taylor's Academy Award winning role as Gloria, in "Butterfield 8", she was driving a beautiful two tone sports car, I need to know the two colors and the model of the car.
    It's a great sounding record, all nice and clean, so good luck!
    Have fun, Ken
  • dcarlson
    edited August 2003
    These are some thoughies. ;)

I'm not sure if I can answer any. Would you rather an email with the answers or posted in the thread?

• [Deleted User]
    edited August 2003
    Hello Derick,
    Posting on the Forum is probably more interesting for readers. Make your best guess, it's all part of the fun.
    Ken
  • Tour2ma
    edited August 2003
    I'll chip in the answer to #2 for people...

Luke was unscrewing parking meters from their posts with an over sized pipe wrench... he was very drunk.
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited August 2003
    Originally posted by Tour2ma
    I'll chip in the answer to #2 for people...

Luke was unscrewing parking meters from their posts with an over sized pipe wrench... he was very drunk.

I'm with Tour! Now there is 2:D
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • [Deleted User]
    edited August 2003
    Hello,
    Very well done, Tour. That is a great scene, he just flops down on the sidewalk, totally bombed. I'll give a hint on the first question: the town, I'm looking for, is located on interstate highway 74, between Danville and Champaign, south of The Windy City. The third question's answer is that this company made four wheel and two wheel modes of transportation and the colors are the same as the tall people who wait outside of a famous British landmark. Good luck!
    Ken
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited August 2003
    3. Car ??, 2 wheeler and 4 wheeler, sound like BMW, using the hint from Ken, it must have been red.
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • Tour2ma
    edited August 2003
    OK, based on the hints and Mapquest, I'm saying:

1. Urbana, IL
    2. Parking meters as described above
    3. Red and Black Triumph
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• [Deleted User]
    edited August 2003
    Congratulations, Tour!
    email me at kswauger@polkaudio.com with your address and the record is yours! I hope you enjoy it.
    Ken
  • dcarlson
    edited August 2003
    Congrats, Tour ;)