The worst movie of 2001 goes to.....

Ron-P
Ron-P Posts: 8,516
edited January 2002 in Music & Movies
.....Tomb Raider.

What a pile of steaming dung. I had a free rental coupon and used it to rent this on Sunday. How and why do studios even bother.

By far the worst movie of 2001.

Peace Out~:D
If...
Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
Post edited by Ron-P on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited December 2001
    Haven't seen it, but perky **** have to be worth the free rental.....

My vote, HANNIBAL.

First movie I haven't finished in a LONG time. I think I made it 37 minutes into it, then just couldn't take it anymore. I felt like runnin the dvd up and down my **** crack a few times before returning it....

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited December 2001
    Like Jurassic Park III is any better! (and it doesn't even have a hottie!)

Aaron
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited December 2001
    Tomb Raider has got my vote.....it would be one thing if AJ got naked, but even that I doubt would have salvaged it.

Hannibal and Dude, Where's My Car? are very close behind.

The more that I think of it, this year was a bumper crop of crappy movies.

Troy
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • Ron-P
    edited December 2001
    Haven't seen it, but perky **** have to be worth the free rental.....

Oh you guys have got to be shitting me. Hottie, perky ****. She is soooooo ugly. Her brests in the movie are pointy and they look like they would hit her knees if cut loose. Oh god the visual. Those lips that could kill her if she stuck her head out of a moving cars window. If I were a director she would not be working on my staff even with those lips.

Give it up she is NO hottie.

She is a big reason this movie is ****. 0 acting ability, even as an action heroin, if you can call her that.

If...
  • TrappedUnder Ice
    TrappedUnder Ice Posts: 975
    edited December 2001
    I'd have to dissagree.... Cats & dogs is the worst one I'v seen yet... I thought tomb raider was ok....and liked jurasik.... but cats and dogs was pathetic...;)
  • Aaron
    edited December 2001
    I normally don't find her attractive, but she was hot in Tomb Raider! Chew one too many beers that night? Come on! Chicks with guns!

Aaron
  • Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited December 2001
    I haven't seen PLANET OF THE APES or DUDE, WHERE'S MY CAR or HANNIBAL yet (I've been on an "older movies" kick for some time now), but I have to say that TOMB RAIDER was a total waste of time. And AJ can not act, I agree. You know she won an Oscar for something or other? She's a zero on the actress talent scale. And she's not hot at all. I don't understand the attraction to actresses like her and Cameron Diaz, neither is attractive at all.

So many crappy movies, so little time.

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited December 2001
    the worst movie i had to sit though this year goes to leagaly blonde (gotta thank my gf for that). didn't see tomb raider, it looked like a POS from the previews. from hell was a pretty bg dissapointment too!
  • Aaron
    edited December 2001
    I'll agree with you on that one, Micah. At most she's cute.

Aaron
  • Ron-P
    edited December 2001
    ...but she was hot in Tomb Raider! Chew one too many beers that night? Come on! Chicks with guns!

Are you Nucking Futs? Hot in Tomb Raider? Oh god.....she looks like she could pass as a guy......or at least a she-male. Butt ugly. You know why she where's makeup? So you know which end to talk to.

If...
  • Aaron
    edited December 2001
    Are you Nucking Futs?
    I nucked futs up last night, and she was great! How can you tell me Angelina doesn't look hot here??? I'll admit she doesn't always look great, but she stands me to attention in Tomb Raider!

tomb_raider_6.jpg
  • Ron-P
    edited December 2001
    She DOESN'T look hot there. I cannot find anything about her that "looks hot".

She's a 2-bagger. One for her and one for me incase hers falls off.

If...
  • I-SIG
    I-SIG Posts: 2,238
    edited December 2001
    Oh god the visual. Those lips that could kill her if she stuck her head out of a moving cars window.

Maybe so, but those things are major DSL's!

Wes
    Link: http://polkarmy.com/forums

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d
  • Firerider58
    Firerider58 Posts: 95
    edited December 2001
    Hand's down,,,Hannibal suck's big Wampapom's!!! Even after all the hype,,,I'm like a previous poster,,,,I had to walk away from this and break out the air freshener. By the way, I'm new here, and hello to all of you.

Ron
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited December 2001
    Did anyone see Freddy got fingered?

This is the bggest waste of time, Tom Green is an idiot.
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • wodom1
    wodom1 Posts: 1,054
    edited December 2001
    freddy got fingered and dude, where's my car both sucked horribly bad. they've got my nominations for **** movie of the year.
    "I got into the music business thinking it was really radical, that it wasn't really a business at all, that it was a lot of people being artistic and creative. Not true, and it made me very depressed."

Thom Yorke of Radiohead

SOPA. Bow down before me, ****. Want a cookie?

Polk Audio LSi15
    Polk Audio LSiC
    Polk Audio FXi30
    Samsung LN-T4061F 40" 1080P LCD HDTV
    Sony Playstation 3
    Outlaw Model 990 Pre/Pro
    Rotel 985 MK II
    Rotel 1072 CDP
    Soundstage Vacuum II tube pre
  • justpolkme
    justpolkme Posts: 18
    edited December 2001
    ok, russ...so i'm faced with the visual of myself, rushing home to watch a new dvd i rented....i'm checking it out, yeah, so there's a little smudge...and i carefully wipe it off on my shirt to preserve the inner sanctum of my toshiba sd4205... when suddenly, a waft of **** comes drifting up my nostrils and I realize...the movie has received the special stamp of disaproval...and i'm off to burn my shirt.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited December 2001
    LMAO! that is hilarious!

Man, now I am going to be leary of ever renting a dvd again.

Troy
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • jdelan
    jdelan Posts: 244
    edited December 2001
    Evolution
    Zoolander
    Hannibal
    Battlefield Earth
    JPIII
    Glitter
  • Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited December 2001
    This is what she SHOULD HAVE looked like:

lara2.jpg

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • Ron-P
    edited December 2001
    Needless to say they could have done 100 times better than AJ.

If...
  • mesquitehead
    mesquitehead Posts: 312
    edited December 2001
    pearl harbor.......more formulated hollywood cliches than a soap opera......like top gun meets titanic , i didnt even bother to put in the second disc.....i woke up and went to my bed and went BACK to sleep.....
    "Thats great... but how does it sound"
    http://www.burginmcdaniel.com/

http://mixonline.com/gear/reviews/audio_burgin_mcdaniel_komit/

Yamaha RX-A820 (networked with wireless bridge), Carver M-1.0t, Carver TFM-35, Carver C-1, Polk SDA1c's (x2 pair), Polk RTA 8tl's, Polk RTA 11tl's, Polk Monitor 5, Polk CS 400, Polk PSW 650, Rega Planar 3, Sony DVPNC555ES SACD/DVD, Panny 65" Plasma, Roku

2007 Tundra 5.7 TRD DC
    Pioneer DEH-80PRS
    Polk SR6500
    SI BM 12" subs
    Zed Gladius
    Zed Deuce
  • LordSpeakaMinch
    LordSpeakaMinch Posts: 21
    edited December 2001
    To quote Micah:
    [Jolie's] a zero on the actress talent scale. And she's not hot at all. I don't understand the attraction to actresses like her and Cameron Diaz, neither is attractive at all.

I understand that some movie directors prefer the "Plain Jane" types because it is easier to alter their looks with just makeup. Their faces are kinda like blank drawing boards.

Well, let's see, Jolie's Dad (Jon Voight) is a fairly successful actor. I'm sure he's been able to open a few doors for his baby girl. He might have had to call in a few favors in her case.

As for Diaz, she was a fairly successful print model before she got into the movies. I'm sure she made a lot of Hollywood "connections" during her days in the modeling biz. Her face may not be all that pretty, but "sources" say she has a gorgeous

drunkkitty2.jpg.

:p
  • Ron-P
    edited December 2001
    Nice......

If...
  • shrek001
    shrek001 Posts: 51
    edited January 2002
    Angelina is one hot piece, Although I thought she looked much better in gone in 60 seconds, espically in the sceen where she comes out from underneath the car with her tool belt on......

yeah she does have big lips, but talk about the lower drag on those babies........