Surge supressors/line conditioner

Options
mccarts747
mccarts747 Posts: 48
edited August 2003 in Electronics
Any suggestions for surge suppressors/line conditioners? I have a limited budget. $300 and under. I noticed Monster had some that seemed good, however, I do not know much about them.

Thanks
McCarts

________

Onkyo TX-SR600 (receiver)
CSi175 (Center)
R40 Towers (Mains)
Bose 201 (surrounds)
Sony - DVD
Toshiba 36" HDTV
Cambridge Soundworks Base Cube 8 (Sub)
Shawn
Comcast HDTV X1
VM10 (Center)
VM10 (Front Mains)
FXi30 (surrounds)
Cambridge Soundworks Cube8 (sub)
Post edited by mccarts747 on

Comments

• PETERNG
    PETERNG Posts: 918
    edited July 2003
    Options
    The MC HTS 5000 series is very good, eliminates all noises and interferences.
  • GuitarheadCA
    GuitarheadCA Posts: 400
    edited July 2003
    Options
    $300 + Monster = Monster HTS 2500

I own the 3500, good unit, no complaints. How much of a difference you will notice by adding a line conditioner varies a ton from rig to rig. Some people notice alot, some people notice very little. Kinda like bi-wiring ;-)
  • mccarts747
    mccarts747 Posts: 48
    edited July 2003
    Options
    So, are these units conditioners and supressors?
    Not sure if i'll notice anything with my rig since it is not very high end but, as long as it is protected if the unit can clean things up a bit as well, I'll take it.
    Shawn
    Comcast HDTV X1
    VM10 (Center)
    VM10 (Front Mains)
    FXi30 (surrounds)
    Cambridge Soundworks Cube8 (sub)
  • Double_S
    Double_S Posts: 56
    edited July 2003
    Options
    I have a Monster 1500(?) and it has worked great so far. Just make sure get one with enough outlets. When I bought mine I never thought I was going to buy powered towers and now I can't plug anything else into it.:(
  • ezc
    ezc Posts: 426
    edited July 2003
    Options
    Have a look at the Monster Power HTS 1000 MKII stage 2 clean power $179.95 / HTS 2000 MKII same as the 1000 but with 12 outlets $229.95, these are strip type. Monster Power HTS 2500 MKII component type stage 2 clean power w/10 outlets $299.95. You could go to a stage one clean power unit but Id go with at the minimum stage 2. Stage 2 removes most of the AC line noise & has seperate filter banks, seperating the high current & low current, also switched oultets. Hope this helps. Im a firm beliver of power conditioners & voltage stabalizers. AC Voltage is the foundation & I have seen & heard myself on my own system. If the AC is bad everything it runs through will not preform as well as it shouls or could. My system there was a noticable difference right off the bat with a Monster home theater power center. There are other great ac conditioners too! Have a look around & get one that will meet your needs now as well as in the near future.
  • goingganzo
    goingganzo Posts: 2,793
    edited July 2003
    Options
    i have the 3500 here and it works great but i think they are a little over priced.
  • rwrvpem
    rwrvpem Posts: 32
    edited August 2003
    Options
    I have a HTS 3500 and it made a difference. The unit also helped me find a bad ground in my theater room and eventually helped me diagnose a bad electrical service to my house shortly after I moved in. Sound improved and picture quality also improved. Depending on equipment, results may vary.

Look online and you can get better prices than going through Crutchfield. I think I paid $275 for mine.

Good Luck

Rick
  • kureboy99
    kureboy99 Posts: 53
    edited August 2003
    Options
    I concur, I have two Monster HTS 3500 Power Centers and they work the AC line noise right out of my system. The result is a clearer picture on my TV/DVD setup and clean, hiss free, stereo presentation through my audio system. You should be able to do a search in Bizrate or maybe eBay and find it for less than $300.
    ...See the Music, Feel the Music, Be the Music...
  • phuz
    phuz Posts: 2,372
    edited August 2003
    Options
    Panamax Max 5100. :)