Citation 5.0 pre-amp

Options
Mike682
Mike682 Posts: 2,074
edited June 2009 in Electronics
I recently got this bug to try out/collect some older higher-end HK products. So I picked up this first piece on the 'bay. Physically it's in good shape and works. However, the remote the guy shipped is for the Citation 7.0 and is very quirky. For example, if I press the volume + button, and then press the surround mode button, the surround mode button will act as the previous volume + button. Anyway, I contacted the seller and he is looking for the 5.0 remote as of today. But so far, I can't test everything yet because many functions are remote dependent.

Does anyone here have experience with this pre? Is there another remote I can use in the meantime?
Receiver: harmankardon AVR235
Mains: polk R30
Center: polk CSi3
Rear Surrounds: polk R20
Subwoofer: polk PSW404
DVD: Panasonic DVD-S29
Post edited by Mike682 on

Comments

• aaharvel
    aaharvel Posts: 4,490
    edited July 2006
    Options
    no experience, but I think I just fell in love.

That is some SWEEEEEET gear! It even has the silver faceplate/blue lighting like my Signature!
    H/K Signature 2.1+235
    Jungson MagicBoat II
    Revel Performa M-20
    Velodyne cht-10 sub
    Rega P1 Turntable

"People working at Polk Audio must sit around the office and just laugh their balls off reading many of these comments." -Lush
  • Mike682
    edited July 2006
    Options
    Thanks Andrew. These older HKs are sharp looking and built like tanks.

Does anyone have experience with this pre...

Thanks in advance
  • drew spelts
    drew spelts Posts: 310
    edited July 2006
    Options
    I was wondering what an item like that goes for on the bay. Thanks, Drew
    Harman Kardon AVR635
    RTi10's Up Front
    CSi5 Center
    RTi6's Rear Surround
    Furman RA-1210:rolleyes:
  • analogue_lover
    analogue_lover Posts: 1
    edited July 2006
    Options
    Hi Mike!
    Sounds weird/not righ, did you contact H/K??? My Citation 5.1 amp would go very nicely with that, if you are interested!

Mike Rawn
  • iufan35
    iufan35 Posts: 1
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Go Rangers!!!!
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,080
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Try using fresh batteries in the remote. Low/dead batteries cause all kinds of quirks sometimes. At our last RAS meet we had an ARC pre-amp and pushing the remote once caused the vol knob to cycle up and down until we turned the power off. Added fresh batteries.......problem solved.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • danz1906
    danz1906 Posts: 5,144
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Congrats, the Citation series was very good.
    Linn AV5140 fronts
    Linn AV5120 Center
    Linn AV5140 Rears
    M&K MX-70 Sub for Music
    Odyssey Mono-Blocs
    SVS Ultra-13 Gloss Black:D
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited June 2009
    Options
    You guys probably don't read expiration dates at the supermarket either.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • thuffman03
    thuffman03 Posts: 1,325
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Face wrote: »

Yep, this thread was from almost 3 years ago.
    Sunfire TGP, Sunfire Cinema Grand, Sunfire 300~2 (2), Sunfire True Sub (2),Carver ALS Platinum, Carver AL III, TFM-55, C-19, C-9, TX-8, SDA-490t, SDA-390t
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,080
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Face wrote: »

Well slap my **** and call me Judy!!!!!!

Why do the stupid f*cks keep reviving old threads
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • Mike682
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Just saw this oldie come back to life:D