Options
1235»

Comments

• Dr. Spec
    Dr. Spec Posts: 3,780
    edited August 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by goingganzo
    i guess my design was wrong it showed at 500 wats i would not exede x max till i got below tuneing. or maybe the samson puts out more than 500 wats rms

OK, Bryan, I'm reading between the lines here and thinking you bottomed out both AV15's on the ring drop?

Remember, your design approximates an EBS and you went for a 16-17 Hz tune. If you had gone for an SBB4 alignment with maybe a 22-25 Hz tune, you would have far more output capability in that region.

There is nothing wrong with your design; the FR sweep you did shows a very nice curve and a subsonic tune point.

I agree though, you should be able to easily hit 110 dB (C-Weighted Fast) on the ring drop regardless of the sub alignment. You were hitting 115 in the stairwell which speaks more about room acoustics than anything else. You might be sitting in a mild null area. Also, is the meter on Fast?

Also, the Samson S1000 is a touring amp and is conservatively rated at 500 watts into 4 ohms. It can deliver about 700 watts on transients without a problem.
    Doc
    "What we do in life echoes in eternity"

Ed Mullen (emullen@svsound.com)
    Director - Technology and Customer Service
    SVS
  • faster100
    faster100 Posts: 6,124
    edited August 2003
    Options
    I hope next week i will have the new SVS and a few new demo dvd's.. Ie: LOTR and daredevil.. I will try and join the club then :)

Should i break this PB1 in before hitting it to hard.. so i don't bust it like i did my first 404.. ???
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp