lsi & bk

Options
keith jay
keith jay Posts: 2
edited August 2003 in Speakers
hi guys. just joined the club and here is my first post. purchased lsi15,lsic, and lsifx also purchased bk avr507 150 watts @ 8ohm, 185 watts @ 4ohm. everything is still in boxes because i'm waiting for new house to be completed. (should be moving in next week). didn't worry much about the lsi's being 4 ohm speakers because i demoed the bk using 4 ohm vienna accoustic floor standing speakers and it played way louder than i would ever listen at less than half power. so my question is can the bk handle the lsi's, and if not, any suggestions in the 2500-4000 dollar range?
aloha keith
Post edited by keith jay on

Comments

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited August 2003
    Options
    Hello, and welcome to the forum :)

Very nice setup :D

In short, yes it will handle the LSi's just fine. No problem. Good choice.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • wallstreet
    wallstreet Posts: 1,405
    edited August 2003
    Options
    You should worry for asking this silly question. You can't buy, arguably, a better receiver.
  • keith jay
    keith jay Posts: 2
    edited August 2003
    Options
    thanks for the responses guys, just a little paranoid because of things i've read here and at other forums. from looking around here seems like you folks really love your polks. i'm sure i'll love mine too. demoe'd alot of speakers before i bought them and they were head and shoulders above the rest.
    aloha keith
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited August 2003
    Options
    Don't worry one bit, just crank that stereo up until the police knock on the door :)
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited August 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by dorokusai
    Don't worry one bit, just crank that stereo up until the police knock on the door :)
    then turn it up louder... (if you can hear anyone knocking on the door, there's a problem.... ;)
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited August 2003
    Options
    lol.... funny one brett.

Welcome to the Club kj... more than a few here have paired their Polk's with B&K.
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD