Economy speaker brackets & wiring

Options
deadhead
deadhead Posts: 19
edited August 2003 in Speakers
Not all of us have thousands to spend on a HTS (unless maybe we do it a bit at a time), so I've got a few money-saving tips.

I've been looking for satellite speaker brackets for a while, and locally you can get plastic ones that hold 8 lbs for $24 each. That seems high when a TV wall mount kit is only $35.

I was at the local home center looking for ideas and I found pivoting outdoor lighting brackts that should work for about $6 each. Checkk out paradisegardenlighting.com for the GL22749 bracket. You'll also want the GL22792 flange kit for attaching either to the wall or speaker.
22749-BK.jpgGL22792.jpg

These are die cast with a crinkle black finish and look plenty strong. You will have to mount into a wall stud or floor joist for added support though.

I'm also using 12ga. outdoor lighting wire for my system as it is half the price of 14ga. speaker wire and is UL approved.
SVS PB10 ISD . Pioneer VSX-1015K
Monitor 10B . CS400i . Monitor 10B
FX500i . . . . . . . . . . . . FX500i
R15 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . R15

Comments

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited August 2003
    Options
    Welcome to the forum :)

Looks like a fine idea. I am a fan of Yankee engineering, and that is a great example :)
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.