Power Hungry?

Options
bigworm460
bigworm460 Posts: 2
edited August 2003 in Speakers
Hello-

I have had this current system for about a year now and have enjoyed it thoroughly, but I have always felt that I was not maximizing the true potential of my system...From what I learned the "POLK" series is notorious for being power hungry, but I have never found an answer as to "HOW MUCH" power these speakers need to get the best performance...Any suggestions on settings, tweaking etc. would be great. Thanks in advance...

Here is my current system and config:

Towers- RT2000
Center- CS1000
Surrounds- FX50
Sub- PSW650

Receiver- HK 520
Power Amp- HK PA2000 Bridged Running the CS1000
Post edited by bigworm460 on

Comments

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited August 2003
    Options
    Hello and welcome to the forum :)

You have a fine setup. The LSi line is the notorious power eater of the Polk lineup. The receiver rating? 6x70wpc? You are getting some nice clean power with the HK now.

Could you use more power, maybe...the RT2000p and CS1000p are the ones that can handle the additional power thats for sure. You would have to effectively, double the power, if you want a noticeable volume increase.

If you have the ability, then I don't see why not, BUT I wouldn't worry to much about getting the most out of them, you have a nice setup for those speakers.

Make sure you have higher end cables and such before you upgrade, you may notice some improvements in that area, that offset the need for more power.

Keep us posted.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • bigworm460
    bigworm460 Posts: 2
    edited August 2003
    Options
    Thanks for the reply-

My HK currently is putting 75w per channel and the PA2000 puts out 100w per channel...I just felt that the CS1000 could handle a heck of a lot more power and really jump out...