Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• m00npie
    m00npie Posts: 697
    edited May 2009
    Options
    strider wrote: »
    I'll be damned if I'm going to be listening to Baby Einstein for the next few years....

You'll do it an like it Mister!

Congrats.
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 5,000
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Congrats!!! The best feeling in the world being a dad!!
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • MillerLiteScott
    MillerLiteScott Posts: 2,561
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Congrats Ben. I was actually thinking today that you were going to be a dad soon.

Baby Einstein is a piece of cake compared to some of the other stuff they listen to when they get a little older.

Make sure you watch Phineas and Ferb with him when he is older. It is funny on both a kids and adult level. At least for me it is funny:D

Scott
    I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Awesome. I was hoping you were going to name him after me.
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,802
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Congrats Ben.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• ESavinon
    ESavinon Posts: 3,066
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Congrats!
    SRT For Life; SDA Forever!

The SRT SEISMIC System:
    Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.
  • edbert
    edbert Posts: 1,041
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Congrats Ben. I was actually thinking today that you were going to be a dad soon.

Baby Einstein is a piece of cake compared to some of the other stuff they listen to when they get a little older.

Make sure you watch Phineas and Ferb with him when he is older. It is funny on both a kids and adult level. At least for me it is funny:D

Scott

Ha ha! Phineas and Ferb. I personally enjoy Handy Manny. Especially when you remember that the voice of Handy Manny is Wilmer Valderama, or Fez from "That 70's Show."
    I know just enough to be dangerous, but don't tell my wife, she thinks I'm a genius. :D

Pioneer VSX-816
    Monitor 40's - fronts, bi-amped
    Monitor 30's - surrounds
    CS1 - center
    PSW10 - I'll let you guess
    Blue Jeans Cable - speaker cable
    Daewoo 27 incher - one step up from a console
    Sony Progressive scan DVD
    XBOX

SOPA since 2008
    Here's my stuff.
  • Pauly
    Pauly Posts: 4,519
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Congrats. Not a feeling in the world better than that one.

Pauly
    Life without music would
  • messiah
    messiah Posts: 1,790
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Congrats!!
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Benjamin Franklin, February 17th, 1775.

"The day that I have to give up my constitutional rights AND let some dude rub my junk...well, let's just say that it's gonna be a real bad day for the dude trying to rub my junk!!"
    messiah, November 23rd, 2010
  • potee
    potee Posts: 610
    edited May 2009
    Options
    congrats the good times will never end. Father of 5 grand father of 12 It's always a wonderful event.
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,937
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Been there, done that! Congratulations ... and yes, it truly is wonderful. The first four to six months can be tough at times, until they start sleeping through the night. After that, it just gets better and better and even better IMO. I very much doubt if you will ever look back.

Consistency is going to be your very best friend IMO, and the number one, cardinal rule that should govern all your choices, without exception. If he knows the "rules" you and the wifey want to establish, whatever the situation, and those rules are clear to him, he will do his very best to abide by them, without fail. Don't ever contradict each other within earshot of him, or, when he's old enough, he'll start to play you one against the other, and then there'll be hell to pay!

P.S., a very nice, Irish name, Aidan, if you ask me ...
    Alea jacta est!
  • dudeinaroom
    dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
    edited May 2009
    Options
    jimmydep wrote: »
    Congratulations, Take it from 3 time dad, no feeling like it in the world!!!
    +1 on that

jimmydep wrote: »
    Just watch out for peanut butter sandwiches in the VCR.

Don't you know that's a good spot to keep them for later.
  • Mike682
    Mike682 Posts: 2,074
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Congrats!!

I have 2 children, both girls; It is an amazing time, enjoy every second. My oldest is 2 1/2 years old and it feels like she was born yesterday..
    Receiver: harmankardon AVR235
    Mains: polk R30
    Center: polk CSi3
    Rear Surrounds: polk R20
    Subwoofer: polk PSW404
    DVD: Panasonic DVD-S29
  • Big Dawg
    Big Dawg Posts: 2,005
    edited June 2009
    Options
    As the father of 3 boys myself, I can only say that there is no other experience you will ever have that can compare to wonderful world that just opened to you.

Congratulations and best wishes to you, your wife, and Aidan.