Ok Ok Ok Ok

Options
VR3
VR3 Posts: 28,054
edited August 2003 in Speakers
OK!!!!!

I have 1 blown tweeter. It will cost me a good 70 bucks to replace it. THIS IS MY QUESTION ---

The RT35i goes for around 200 -- so ONE RT35i would go for around 100. Right?

So for 30 dollars more plus shipping I would be getting another crossover, tweeter, woofer, and a Cabinet....

Does this sound smart to anyone else?

EDIT: --- OR!!!!!!!!!!!!! I could get the Polk Audio Monitor 5 speaker, put the RT35i for surround duty and sell the RT25i and get a new tweeter and set the extra cash towards a CSi40.... or a new M&K woofer. Hows dat sound???

EDIT: --- OR!!!!!!!!!!!! I COULD JUST REPLACE THE TWEETER! :D
- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
Post edited by VR3 on

Comments

• brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited August 2003
    Options
    HOLY **** MARTHA!!!!! OUR BOY'S LEARNING!!!!!!! (good job on workin that edit button) :D
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • VR3
    edited August 2003
    Options
    EDIT x 2: Thanx
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • faster100
    faster100 Posts: 6,124
    edited August 2003
    Options
    ive seen the 35's go for 100.00 for a pair, get a e-bay pair.. 70 bucks is alot for a tweeter when the whole speaker aint hardly worth that much
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • VR3
    edited August 2003
    Options
    Yeah I know, I am looking for a pair - screw polk and that Bose pricing mess! That made me kinda mad....
  • Loud & Clear
    Loud & Clear Posts: 1,538
    edited August 2003
    Options
    Hmmm ... a hundred bucks is one hell of a price for a pair of speakers like the 35i's; I'd buy them just for kicks at that price.

Isn't there a parts warehouse 'type thing' for such a situation? I wouldn't buy a pair just to part them out, nor would I want to pay $70 for one tweet on an older model. Kind of a tough situation if you can't find a tri-lam for for roughly $30 somewhere. Good luck.

Two Channel Setup:

Speakers: Wharfedale Opus 2-3
    Integrated Amp: Krell S-300i
    DAC: Arcam irDac
    Source: iMac
    Remote Control: iPad Mini

3.2 Home Theater Setup:

Fronts: Klipsch RP-160M
    Center: Klipsch RP-160M
    Subwoofer: SVS PB12NSD (X 2)
    AVR: Yamaha Aventage RX-A2030
    Blu Ray: Sony BDP-S790
    TV Source: DirecTV Genie
  • VR3
    edited August 2003
    Options
    I need to buy another pair of RT35i.....the RT35i takes the most punishment out of all the speakers other than the M&K in my system
  • dan t
    dan t Posts: 206
    edited August 2003
    Options
    See if you can't get yourself a pair of Monitor 5 series 2's (if you don't mind the size).

You won't have to worry about 'blown' drivers that way.

Dan
  • VR3
    edited August 2003
    Options
    What are they unblowable? KInda like these shoes I just bought -- they are the unkillable boots! I will take that challenge.....lol
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited August 2003
    Options
    $70 seems like a lot for the tweet, where did you get that price from? Polk?
  • Ceruleance
    Ceruleance Posts: 991
    edited August 2003
    Options
    why dont you use this opportunity to get the RT55i's. They eat the 35's for breakfast. I dunno about the 35's, but if i blew something on my 55's, i would have to be doing something wrong, my ears would bleed before they gave up.
  • VR3
    edited August 2003
    Options
    I just rearranged my room - RTi70 looks to be in my future very soon :cool:
    RIGHT NOW MY ROOM IS MESSY AS EL!!!!!!!
  • Lee Bailey
    Lee Bailey Posts: 71
    edited August 2003
    Options
    If those RT35i's are under 5 years old, the tweeter should be under warranty.
    Please feel free to visit my Home Theater Page at The Bailey's Home Theatre in our Living Room.
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited August 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by Lee Bailey
    If those RT35i's are under 5 years old, the tweeter should be under warranty.

Thats what I have kept thinking?

HBomb
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • VR3
    edited August 2003
    Options
    1 Word -- EBAY
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited August 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by Ceruleance
    why dont you use this opportunity to get the RT55i's. They eat the 35's for breakfast. I dunno about the 35's, but if i blew something on my 55's, i would have to be doing something wrong, my ears would bleed before they gave up.

the 55i's are getting harder to find these days.. no one wants to part with theirs. sometimes they do show up on ebay... but usually for a premium price. I'm an Ebay ****.. so I know what i'm taking about. :p
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • Lee Bailey
    Lee Bailey Posts: 71
    edited August 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by Vr3MxStyler2k3
    1 Word -- EBAY

But, aren't the warranties transferable?
    Please feel free to visit my Home Theater Page at The Bailey's Home Theatre in our Living Room.
  • VR3
    edited August 2003
    Options
    Nope :cool: