Speakers and more speakers...review

Options
2»

Comments

• byteme
    byteme Posts: 73
    edited July 2003
    Options
    F1 - good to see you again. It's been awhile. Great mini-reviews. It's always good to see what someone with similar sonic prefrences thinks about other speakers. I've long had my eye on the SF Grand Piano Home's, great looking and I like the design. I've gotten a chance to do an in home demo with some boutique speakers (monitors) that are very highly reviewed - http://www.gr-research.com/lucidity/criterion.htm - GR Research Criterions. Superb craftsmanship and build quality. Each weighed damn near as much as one of my RTA11tl's!! However, the Polks sounded easily better. I don't know if it was the ribbon tweeter I wasn't used to or what but both my wife and I thought the same thing, no weight and little emotion to them, and the tend a bit bright.

Now, if you could find a pair of these to listen to - http://www.meadowlarkaudio.com/kestrel2.htm - I'd LOVE to know what you think of these. The only dealer in my area stopped carrying them over a year ago. They should be sonically similar to the LSi series because I'm almost positive it's the same tweeter, although in a totally different configuration. Anyone ever hear the Kestrels?
  • rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited July 2003
    Options
    I agree with Brett.
    The LSI's are just too waifey/girley looking.
    Its like they are watching their middle and trying to look slender.
    Definitely not a man's speaker like the SRS-SDA 2.3 or 1.2.

Ya know what though.... I crank the hell out of my reconditioned (new drivers) M10 series 2 and I enjoy them immensely. When you take off the cover, the two drivers side-by-side resemble ****. Now, that's a good marketing design.
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited July 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by rskarvan
    When you take off the cover, the two drivers side-by-side resemble ****. Now, that's a good marketing design.
    LOL.....and just like THAT......we're over the top........
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    edited July 2003
    Options
    ur right, LSi 15's look like they are designed to be hidded, maybe to help with the WAF. I also dont like how the grill goes the whole length of the speaker.

to all you people who **** about the grill fabric though, have you ever noticed hair or fur on ur grills? i have a white cat and a golden retriver and there isnt 1 piee of hair on my rti150s, however the cs245i is alittle dusty, would be hairy but its high up. just something to thing about, that styrofoam look may b unattractive but hell you dont have to vacuum them
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,054
    edited July 2003
    Options
    You dont vaccume grills neways........
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • organ
    organ Posts: 4,969
    edited July 2003
    Options
    Nice reviews guys. It's too bad some of the speakers weren't driven with proper equipment. Keep them coming. I love reviews.

rsk,
    Your M10's may look like ****, but my LSi's tweeters look like beautifully erected nipples:). Or maybe the basement is too cold for them.

Maurice