Info on Monitor Series 8T-18101

Options
kjenson
kjenson Posts: 2
I obtained a set of Polk Audio Speakers at a garage sale last week and have no information about them. I cannot find any information on this web site regarding them.

Can anyone point me to info regarding the Polk Audio Monitor Series 8T-18101 speakers?

thanks!

ken
Post edited by kjenson on

Comments

• burdette
    burdette Posts: 1,194
    edited July 2003
    Options
    If this is the speaker I'm thinking it is, there isn't any info on the Polk site.

Is it about.. oh.. 30" tall or so, a 6.5" driver on top, tweeter right under that, and another 6.5" under the tweeter?

Actually.. is this it???
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited July 2003
    Options
    I have two of them in my living room. I bought my set back in 90ish timeframe and just recently rebuilt them.

I LOVE THIS SPEAKER!!!!

Hang on to it and welcome to the club.

HBomb
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited July 2003
    Options
    Looks like a pretty neat speaker....as in groovy man...or wow! that is keen :)

Welcome to the forum!
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited July 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by dorokusai
    Looks like a pretty neat speaker....as in groovy man...or wow! that is keen :)

Welcome to the forum!

doro, you might think I'm crazy but at night when the family is in bed I'll unplug everything except the 8T and get my listen on. When I do jump into vinal these badboys are going to get a workout.

HBomb
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • kjenson
    kjenson Posts: 2
    edited July 2003
    Options
    thanks Burdette, those are the ones.. the specs I got directly from Polk yesterday are:

Hello Ken,
    The speaker uses a single 1" dome tweeter and two 6.5" drivers. The frequency response is from 30 Hz to 25 kHz with the -3dB limits of 42 Hz to 23 kHz power handling is 250 watts/channel the impedance is compatible with 8 ohm outputs and the efficiency is 89 dB. They were produced from 1987 until 1990.
    Regards, Ken, Polk

They sure are nice speakers!
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited July 2003
    Options
    I don't blame you Henry, that sounds like a great idea.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.