Ocean's 11

Aaron
Aaron Posts: 1,853
edited January 2002 in Music & Movies
Decent flick, but nothing spectacular. I'd wait for DVD. I think my biggest complaint was that Julie Roberts didn't have a big enough part.

Aaron
Post edited by Aaron on

Comments

• trubluluc
    trubluluc Posts: 2,067
    edited January 2002
    Aaron-

Glad to hear I don't have to stand in line.
    I'll check it out on dvd.
    Have you seen the origional?
    My brother and I saw it as kids, for the next
    ten years or so, he went around saying
    " E O 11...yeah! "
    I think Sammy Davis said it in the origional.

-luc
  • Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited January 2002
    I haven't seen the original, so I have no basis for comparison. I thought the new one was a pretty cool movie, for what it's worth. (Come on Micah, where's the commentary?)

Aaron
  • Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited January 2002
    Hate to be a stick in the mud, as usual, but I'm off the Soderberg/Clooney bandwagon for now. I hate mindless ripoff remakes (saw Burton's "Planet of the Apes" over the weekend... And I want my two hours back, Tim). Yet, I don't have much recall of the original OCEAN'S 11, I remember it as just being all those guys acting cool... I have it in my rentmydvd.com rental que (the original just came out on DVD, in widescreen for the first time), so as soon as I get it, I'll chime in. No interest in the new one at all.

Wanna see a stylish heist flick? See THE SCORE. At least you get DeNiro and Brando (and Norton).

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited January 2002
    The original Ocean's 11 was good, not great, but good. The point is that no one was as cool as Frank, Sammy and Dean. They defined cool. I have little interest in the remake as no one could recreate that .

The Score was ok. Very predictable for the most part. DeNiro was good as was Norton but their vehicle was not the greatest.

Troy
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited January 2002
    THE SCORE was not a great film. But it did have DeNiro and Brando acting together and really having fun. And it looked cool, lots of jazzy dark colors and atmosphere. It was very slow, tho. Took a lot of patience. If it weren't Brando and DeNiro I never would have lasted. I was hoping it would move along at a better clip, like Frank Oz's (previous) DIRTY ROTTEN SCOUNDRELS.

And no one's as cool as Frank, even when he's just tossing the acting job off. See THE MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE. FRANK!

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney