RT800 Maintenance

jdhdiggs
jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
edited July 2003 in Troubleshooting
The front portion on one of my RT800's is seperating from the wooden box. I can pull the top out about 1/4" but the bottom is still secure. What is the best way to fix this at a reasonable cost?
There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
Post edited by jdhdiggs on

Comments

• faster100
    faster100 Posts: 6,124
    edited July 2003
    By front portition do you mean the plastic bezel? or actually the wood? if its the bezel you can tighten the screws with a allen wrench, if its the wood then it may be warped and hard to do without a good bit of wood working knowledge..
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited July 2003
    It is the wood, not pastic. It isn't warped, it is loose when you touch it and noticeable movement on sustained bass notes.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,019
    edited July 2003
    Put glue where it has come loose, wipe down the wood incase you get some on it - press it down, dont play music for a day - let it dry.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,647
    edited July 2003
    Originally posted by Vr3MxStyler2k3
    Put glue where it has come loose, wipe down the wood incase you get some on it - press it down, dont play music for a day - let it dry.

I'd suggest using a pair of "Quick Clamps" (or equivilent) as well.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,019
    edited July 2003
    Originally posted by ken brydson
    I'd suggest using a pair of "Quick Clamps" (or equivilent) as well.

ditto
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.