Klh High On Adcom...

Options
VR3
VR3 Posts: 28,053
edited July 2003 in Speakers
I am so bored.......

So..........

I take my KLH's - wire em up to da Adcoms. 16 AWG HD of course ;)

Well...I unplug the midrange (and remove it) for ultimate bass volume.....

I turn on a Bass track where the M&K plays roughly 117-118DB on. The KLH PLAYED LOUDER - at about 120db, give or take. It was boomy as el, no exstention, but by golly it played loud as el! lol!

So I turn on Train, 110db is my guess, its playing at 110db. Not very clear, but the fact it can play that loud makes the purpose I use them for makes them a great speaker! lol!

So I put the midrange back, still unplugged. The bass is much tighter and more accurate. Although I lost about 5db in sound. The tweeters werent as harsh. KLH didnt filter the woofer, so the woofer picks up the same FR as the midrange. So no sound was missing. The midrange just seems to be there to amplify the mids and cause annoyance. But with the mid back in, unplugged - the KLH sounded pretty nice actually. Kinda artificlal, but good bass, terrible at drums and guitars. But vocals were pretty good. Overall a great DJ speaker. Nothing More......Nothing Less.....
- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
Post edited by VR3 on

Comments

• danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited July 2003
    Options
    Sid,

110db is pretty dang loud... can you still hear? :D
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,053
    edited July 2003
    Options
    I only listened to 107-110db for about 30 seconds. Still can hear as good as I could......
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.