Watts to match?

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited December 2001 in Car Audio & Electronics
Hi there,
I have a Kicker C12 Sub. It is capable of handling 400W RMS.
I am after an amp to run it. Is it true that the amp I am looking for would be able to give it 400W too?
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• polkaudiosupra101
    polkaudiosupra101 Posts: 48
    edited December 2001
    you should rephrase the question because im not sure what youre asking. if your sub runs 400 watts rms you can buy a subs anywhere from 100 watts to over 1000 watts its all based on your preferance. there is no amp with a specific amount of power you HAVE to buy like i said its up to you.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited December 2001
    Look for something in the 800-1000 peak range, of true power. No pyramid, legacy, yadda yadda. Adjust the gain accordingly to your tastes, and the speaker's capabilities.

Underpowering your sub will only result in the amp clipping, and even possibly damaging the speaker.

Get as much good clean power as you can afford. Look at Soundstream, HiFonics, Alpine, and Kenwood for starters.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • phd500
    phd500 Posts: 75
    edited December 2001
    Try going to www.crutchfield.com they have U.S. Acoustics amps 450x1 for $250, these are really good amps and have a 3 year waranty. Is that sub a DVC model? If so get the JBL BP300 (300watts) or BP600 (600watts) these amps pound about everything as hard as posible, these are allso at crutchfield for $200 and $300! Good luck and happy boomin(: