big screen tv

goingganzo
goingganzo Posts: 2,793
edited January 2002 in Music & Movies
i am thinking of geting a 65 inch digital widescreen tv i am thing of getting a mitsubishi platinum pluss series tv has anyone have one of them ir any other opion on projecton tv's
Post edited by goingganzo on

Comments

• trubluluc
    trubluluc Posts: 2,067
    edited December 2001
    goingganzo-

Big widescreen rocks.
    The Mits are awesome.
    I have the 55" diamond series.
    Make sure you have the room for a 65"
    They don't look that big in the showroom,
    but it's like parking a Buick in the livingroom.
    I got a deal on the diamond, otherwise I would
    have gotten the Platinum Plus.

-luc
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited December 2001
    I've had my 46" Mits for nearly a year now and love it. Excellent picture, great preformance and not a single problem. I would have loved to go bigger, but the Green Room is only 10'x12' and I could not get a larger TV into the room.

I am getting her ISF calibrated in February, then she should really shine.

Mits makes great TVs.

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • goingganzo
    edited December 2001
    i am geting a mit caues it can be taken in 2 parts so i can get it down the stairs. should i get the extended warrenty
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited December 2001
    I did. It was only $349.00 for 5 years, In home, bumper-to-bumper service.

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • trubluluc
    trubluluc Posts: 2,067
    edited January 2002
    I did too.
    Only makes sense on an investment that big.

-luc
  • TrappedUnder Ice
    TrappedUnder Ice Posts: 975
    edited January 2002
    get the warranty... I have a zenith 56" and she died about 2 months ago... luckily she was only on her 4th year of 5yr warranty so all the repair was free...they came an picked her up since it was an "in shop" repair....

best 299 I ever spent...
  • mdthielen
    mdthielen Posts: 1
    edited January 2002
    I got the Mitsubishi 55" Diamond a few months ago and love every bit of it. The picture quality is superb. The other TV I was considering was the Pioneer Elite. But I felt the picture looks more brilliant on this one, plus it was cheaper. The hookups are great. The only draw back I would say is they have a IR hookup to control your whole system (reciever, VCR, DVD) from the TV remote. It didn't work on my Yamaha RX-V1000 reciever.

Plus the TV is "upgradable" for any future changes in HDTV inputs, which other manufacturers do not offer. I did my research on this purchase and it paid off.

I do have to agree with other post about the size...I got the 55" and I really wanted the 65" since it just looks massive and in the store the 55" just looks so small. But realisically this TV is perfect for the size room I have. If you can only sit 12'-15' from the TV get the 55". If you can sit farther than 15' then maybe consider the 65".

Mark
  • goingganzo
    edited January 2002
    thanks for all the replys i hope to get the tv soon i went with the 65 and got the warnty i got the ws 65819