Polk RTA 11t vs. JBL L65

Options
mikejz84
mikejz84 Posts: 158
edited July 2003 in Speakers
Here is an intresting one one for you, I just picked up a pair of JBL 65s today at a garage sale. They are beat up and will need some TLC. Currently I have a pair of RTA 11ts. I figure I can take the JBLS and make about $450 selling them for parts (most from its glass tweaters). So which do I keep?
Post edited by mikejz84 on

Comments

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited July 2003
    Options
    Well I could be biased here, but keep the 11T's. Sell the JBL's like you mentioned for parts, keep the 11T's and down the road people will be looking for those parts also.

Let the 11T's age a bit longer, like a fine wine.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • mikejz84
    edited July 2003
    Options
    Of course I has not expecting any bias here;)
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited July 2003
    Options
    Oh ya, damn I forgot where I was lol :)
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • mikejz84
    edited July 2003
    Options
    I have to admit that I know that I have to sell those JBL--they are really beat up and all and will need work done on them. However I have to admit I am intoxicated with the powerful and dead on highes those JBLs with there glass tweaters can produce. Truely amazing. The polks sound allright but the JBLs are truely amazing. I figure I can part them out and get about $500 on ebay.
  • gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited July 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by mikejz84
    The polks sound allright but the JBLs are truely amazing.

There's a set of cabinets on E-bay right now. You could even get some money back out of the spare crossovers and your cabs.
    Make it Funky! :)