Basic

Options
reeltrouble1
reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
edited July 2003 in Music & Movies
Rented this DVD tonight, saw the keeper cover, like some the films that Jackson and Travolta have done in the past so I snatched it. Did not bother to find out what it was about, but figured it would be along the lines of the standard boot camp movie.:confused: Man was I wrong. Alot of plot twists, I mean alot. Done fairly plausable, I need to watch it again cuz I thought I had it figured but nope, so I figure I missed a few things.

A decent sound track without an overbundance special effects, but enough bass and helicopters, gunfire etc to satisfy. Dolby only track.

PQ on the transfer is pretty good.

I would say a definete rental not so sure I want to buy, nothing special you have not seen before except the plot twists were interesting as I said before. About a 7 maybe 8 outta 10.

Listening to John Mayer live CD right now, but when he done, think I will watch it again.
Post edited by reeltrouble1 on

Comments

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited July 2003
    Options
    Watched this tonight, not too bad. Definetly agree with the multiple plot twists, and we have to watch it again, just to put it all together.

Soundtrack was average. No real standouts as far as performances, but perhaps Giovani Ribisi (sp?). Film was generally shot dark, but was crisp and lighting was very good considering the conditions provided....rain lots of it.

Overall just a good movie, it is worth buying. We plan to watch it again already.

IMO - Buy it.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • faster100
    faster100 Posts: 6,124
    edited July 2003
    Options
    We rented this also last night, Good movie.. But the twist and turns were worse then a twizzler i swear.. we had it all figured out and was waiting for that great Travolta ending,, and then she followed him and found out different, and then!!!! It was over.. I hate endings like that.. I liked the movie though
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp