prelude-01 question?

Lethal-Rides
Lethal-Rides Posts: 1
edited July 2003 in Car Subwoofer Talk
Hey wusup...i got a prelude and tha trunk is a little small..I've been around to places and they sed 2 10" subs would b good for tha bac wit a 1000 watt amp...but i dont know that much about audio so i wuz wondering if u could help me out..i want a lot of bass so wen im ridin down tha street ppl know its me comin up..lol thx
Lethal-Rides*
Post edited by Lethal-Rides on

Comments

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited July 2003
    I had a 2000 Prelude, nice vehicle.

I had a custom mounted box for the trunk. I had to go that route because of the Spoon strut bar. It basically was a normal box with a "ledge" in it, so when pushed forward, the strut bar was what stopped it and then it was secured. If you don't plan on that kind of suspension modification, then no problem, its just gets easier for you.

I don't recall the dimensions, but most standard smaller dual sub boxes will fit between those wheel wells.

I used a PPI 2Ch 400, driving (2)Orion 12". It was most definetly loud and punchy. I spent more time tracking down vibrating car parts, and panels, than I did getting the box built, installed and working. Ugh. But it worked out.

Car is now gone, RIP, sold to a woman, UGH.

I thought it was really nice but I would suggest more power without a second thought, so you have a 400x2 starting point now at least. 1000watts will make you happy, no worries. Get some earplugs. Good luck.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited July 2003
    Adire Brahma 15" --- *drool* put a 1500 watt mono amp on it and call it a day.

that'll shake yoru teeth outa your skull.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge