Monitor 5b XO upgrade

Options
bcline
bcline Posts: 59
edited March 2009 in DIY, Mods & Tweaks
Tonight I set out to do my first mod on my old Monitor 5b speakers which I bought new in 1989. I've been observing the pics of the crossovers on this forum and some others I've come accross. Of course, I open mine and it looks completely different. This set was put together in 1988 according to the writing on the drivers. The caps are upright types so the holes on the circuit board are very close together. Has anyone seen this board setup on a 5b before? :confused:

I think I can make this work. I'm using Dayton caps but it looks like the wire can be wrapped around to get it to the holes. But if you have any suggestions on how to handle this, let me know.

Comments

• ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited March 2009
    Options
    The Dayton caps are much larger. You may need to make some jumpers. A little creativity will be in order. Don't cut any of the legs till it all fits.
    Enjoy.
    Ben
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben