Hittin' the record store!

Options
fireshoes
fireshoes Posts: 3,167
edited July 2003 in Music & Movies
Today I made my first visit to the used record store here. One of my co-workers just recently discovered it, although it has been open for about three years I guess. I hit the budget area heavily, but I did buy a couple of new LPs too. I wound up dropping about $100 but seriously upgraded my vinyl library, adding about 40 albums. Only bad thing was that while I was inside, a meter maid gave me a ticket for expired tags. Oops! Luckily I didn't get hit for an expired parking meter too. I thought two hours would be plenty of time, but I was in there for about 2:15! It sure didn't seem that long. ;) Here's the list. Now don't make too much fun of me, I had to add in a few to get the 8 for $8 deal! ;)

The Alan Parsons Project - Eve
Believe in Music/ VA (Clapton, Ojays, Five Man Electrical Band)
Peter Frampton - I'm In You
another VA disc with Clapton, McCartney/Lennon, etc
Crosby, Stills, & Nash - Daylight Again
Bob Seger & the Silver Bullet Band - Stranger in Town
Woody Herman and His Swinging Herd - My Kind of Broadway
The Modern Jazz Quartet & Guests - Third Stream of Music
Boston - self-titled?
Iowa All State Band, Orchestra and Chorus - 28th Annual Festival Concert (1974)
101 Strings - Fire and Romance of South America
Bill Cosby - Why Is There Air?
101 Strings Plus Guitars Galore Vol. 2
Enoch Light and His Orchestra - Stereo 35/MM Vol. 2
Santana - self-titled?
Remember How Great...? (Louis Armstrong, Count Basie, Les Brown, etc)
Steppenwolf - Recorded Live at the Matrix in San Francisco, May 14, 1967
Chick Corea - My Spanish Heart
Herbie Hancock - Sunlight (demo)
Maynard Ferguson - Conquistador
Gary Burton and Chick Corea - Crystal Silence
Ted Nugent - Great Gonzos!...Best of
Steely Dan - Greatest Hits
Don Henley - Building the Perfect Beast
Soundtrack to FM (Boston, Jimmy Buffett, Doobie Brothers, Eagles, Dan Fogelberg, Foreigner, Billy Joel, Randy Meisner, Steve Miller, Tom Petty, Queen, Linda Ronstadt, Boz Scaggs, Bob Seger, Steely Dan, James Taylor, and Joe Walsh)
Scorpions - Love at First Sting
Steely Dan - Aja
Billy Joel - Glass Houses
The Alan Parsons Project - I Robot
Ted Nugent - Intensities in 10 Cities
Bad Company - Desolation Angels
Starflight/VA (Elton John, Abba, Foreigner, Cheap Trick, Peter Frampton, Earth Wind & Fire, etc)
2Pac - All Eyez on Me
Soundtrack to Blade 2 (Eve & Fatboy Slim, Mos Def & Massive Attack, Ice Cube & Paul Oakenfold, Cypress Hill, Busta Rhymes, Gorillaz, Crystal Method, etc)
Tool - Undertow
Tool - Opiate
Run DMC - Crown Royal (with Jermaine Dupri, Nas, Fred Durst, Kid Rock, Method Man, Fat Joe, etc)
Post edited by fireshoes on

Comments

• Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited July 2003
    Options
    Tool - Undertow
    Tool - Opiate

Now the rest of the list doesn't matter.
  • faster100
    faster100 Posts: 6,124
    edited July 2003
    Options
    yeah fireshoes speaking of, were those LP's i sold you any good?? you never did seem to get back to me so i assumed they werent anything you liked. I sold them as-is as i have no idea about records, so i hope all was ok????
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • dcarlson
    dcarlson Posts: 1,740
    edited July 2003
    Options
    Gotta love searching through the used stuff. My favorite used record I found is Neil Young's On the Beach. I almost missed it too sifting through a whole wack of records.

Unfortunately, there's only one record place in my town and it's all crap. Except for the new stuff he has but it's all over priced. I have to wait until I make a trip to Toronto to hit those used places.

Take advantage of it.

Bill Cosby, that's an interesting pick.

Derick.
    SDA-2a, Anthem Pre-2L, Anthem Amp 1, MF A324 DAC, Rotel RCD1070

Senn HD650 Cardas, Mapletree Audio Ear+ HD2, Kimber KS1030, Bel Canto DAC2, M-Audio Transit, Laptop.
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited July 2003
    Options
    The Bill Cosby was 50 cents. I figured I'll get at least that much laughter out of it. :)

Faster, the records are great. It's good to hear the stuff they never play on the radio!

I listened to the first disc of 2Pac's All Eyez On Me. A fair amount of static on it. Pretty distracting. Then I listened to Undertow by Tool and it was awesome. It was a brand new copy. Sound quality was better than I expected. Then I got a big surprise when I opened up the Blade 2 soundtrack. The records are a really vibrant shade of blue and are see-through! I listened to one disc of it and liked it too. It has a bunch of remix type stuff on it. I'm taking one or two to work tomorrow to try and get a little listen on there, but probably won't get too much play time in until Sunday or Monday.