familiar

Options
i4gotmyid
i4gotmyid Posts: 173
edited July 2003 in Speakers
is it me or do these tweeters look very familiar
http://www.speakercity.com/Peerless_files/dt115.shtml

Is it me or do they look like polk tweeters? there even looks like a peak in the 13000ish range like the sl2000

hmmmm
Post edited by i4gotmyid on

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,103
    edited July 2003
    Options
    If I am not mistaken, I have read that Polk had Peerless that seems to be the maker of the tweeter that you have provided for us to look at make the tweeters for them. It seems to be very close in looks. I have never heard the speakers, heck I havn't ever seen the SDA's. But from the ones I have seen online, that tweeter looks very familiar. The SDA freaks on here will be able to calaborate on this more than I can mingle with, however I thought I would bump the post up for you so you can get an answer to your question. But they look vaguely familiar.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • burdette
    burdette Posts: 1,194
    edited July 2003
    Options
    The Peerless DT115 is comparable to (the same as) the old Polk SL1000. I think it has been discontinued for some time.. I'd be surprised if that link actually has the drivers for sale, but maybe they had a large stock.

Madisound still lists the driver... but I thought I'd already checked into it and you can't buy them anymore. It is no longer listed at Peerless.

Not too surprising.. Polk has maintained a relationship with DST, which makes Peerless and Vifa (e.g. the ring radiator tweeter in the LSi).