Lord of the Rings

Strong Bad
Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
edited December 2001 in Music & Movies
This movie is going to RULE! I'm really excited about this coming out. Been reading alot of advanced reviews and every one gives a spectacular review.

What would make this movie complete is if it comes to the glorious Senator Theater here in Baltimore.

John
No excuses!
Post edited by Strong Bad on

Comments

• juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited December 2001
    i am fandangoing my tickets today! driving to a theater an hour away to see it. (they have imax size screens, and an incredible sound system). i have been eagerly anticipating this movie for awhile. i've read reviews that say it surpasses all the hype, possibly 'the most visually spectacular movie ever'. also supposed to be very true to the books as well. hell, it better do good. fox already dumped a ton of money into it, shooting all 3 at one time. i've read it's the biggest production ever put on as well. over 350 set were created, shot in over 100 locations, and something like 20,000+ extras...
  • -justin-
    -justin- Posts: 891
    edited December 2001
    I am here to see Mr. Fandango.
  • Jay M
    Jay M Posts: 54
    edited December 2001
    When does it come out in theaters?
    Jblink.gif <-- damn these stupid smiles!
  • mjk91383
    mjk91383 Posts: 298
    edited December 2001
    ...there's a wild fandango loose in your theater.

joe :D
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited December 2001
    LOTR's is due out on DVD in September, if not before. I'll wait.

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • justpolkme
    justpolkme Posts: 18
    edited December 2001
    The Tolkien series is one of my all time favorite reads...I hope I am not dissapointed with the movie versions. I've been looking forward to this all year...is it even possible that hollywood's technical wizardry can recreate a rendition of this book that would surpass my own imagination??? I hope so!

OH...did they film the hobbit too...or just the three parts of Lord of the rings?
  • juice21
    edited December 2001
    Originally posted by Jay M
    When does it come out in theaters?
    Jblink.gif

wednesday, dec. 19th
  • juice21
    edited December 2001
    Originally posted by justpolkme
    The Tolkien series is one of my all time favorite reads...I hope I am not dissapointed with the movie versions. I've been looking forward to this all year...is it even possible that hollywood's technical wizardry can recreate a rendition of this book that would surpass my own imagination??? I hope so!

OH...did they film the hobbit too...or just the three parts of Lord of the rings?

reading reviews, it is supposed to be very 'true' to the books. knowing their are thousands of die hard fans of this trilogy out there, they were smart enough to keep it very in-line with the books. i am very excited about these movies.

oh, and the hobbit has not been filmed, and i don't think it is planned to. personally, i feel that it wouldn't make too good of a movie. not enough action, more of describing what a hobbit is, and tries to enlighten the reader on the hobbit's culture so as to understand why some decisions/experiences that happen later in the trilogy make a little more sense and add a little more depth to the culture of the hobbits in middle earth...
  • gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited December 2001
    It's my new favorite movie of all time. For today. I read the books when I was around 8-10 yrs. old. The movie is very true to the book. It has some great parts and some not so great parts, but pretty frickin' cool.
    Make it Funky! :)
  • juice21
    edited December 2001
    i started another post on this, but i thought i would comment here too! GO SEE IT!!! definitely worth it to see it in the movies. visually, it's amazing....