LSi25 Placement in Theater System

Options
lawprofs
lawprofs Posts: 3
edited July 2003 in Speakers
I am building a home theater system in a wall in my family room. Because of structural supports and such, I end up with a 65" TV in the middle and two alcoves, approximately 24" wide and 48" deep on each side. I would really like to be able to put a pair of LSi25's in those alcoves; I know that they are supposed to be out away from the walls, but it won't work in this setting. Anyone tried this? Any suggestions?
Post edited by lawprofs on

Comments

• Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    edited June 2003
    Options
    i dont really follow you, is there anyway you could get pics to us and possibly circle the area you would like to put the surrounds?

thanx
  • gshisme
    gshisme Posts: 1,038
    edited June 2003
    Options
    lawprofs, no way put them in alcoves. Although I have never experienced this type of placement those babies need to be out in the listening area where the subs will do justice. Don't trap all that lower end in the "holes".
    suds, suds and more suds!
  • lawprofs
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Unfortunately, a picture wouldn't help, as the area is under construction. Imagine a wall with three rectangular floor to ceiling recessed areas in it. The middle one will contain the TV with center channel speaker. The two side ones will have the speakers. Because of the house's structure, I cannot change this. I have no choice but to put the speakers in...the only choice is what speaker to put in there.
  • phuz
    phuz Posts: 2,372
    edited July 2003
    Options
    If you must put the spekers in the recessed areas, then consider the LSi15* or LSi9 for the mains, then get a seperate subwoofer to put in the corner. Maybe the Polk PSW-808*, SVS, or Velodyne.

(* = my personal preference:))
  • gshisme
    gshisme Posts: 1,038
    edited July 2003
    Options
    Sorry..just a momentary hijack..phuz I was afraid the * was going to be for your 9's.:D

Greg
    suds, suds and more suds!
  • Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    edited July 2003
    Options
    i would go with the direct and avoid the f/x series for your placement. can you put shelves in there and maybe put the speakers on the edge of the shelf to have them farther into the room, putting them back in there would destroy imaging im sure.
  • lawprofs
    edited July 2003
    Options
    That would be the plan. I guess I need to just try it and see what happens.