Wow T2 Dvd

Options
bikezappa
bikezappa Posts: 2,463
edited June 2003 in Music & Movies
I just purchased the new T2 DVD and all I can say is WOW. It is the closest picture I have seen that has a film like quality in my home theather. I am using a NEC 1000 front DLP projector with the three component connection. It is like a veil has been removed from the screen.
Post edited by bikezappa on

Comments

• scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Yes- the picture quality is one of the best on the DVD market - especially on front projectors - it is very noticeable.
  • begbie
    begbie Posts: 630
    edited June 2003
    Options
    I'm sure it's good but I'll hold onto my "ultimate edition" until they hand out ANOTHER version (:rolleyes: ) on HD-DVD......
    Polk Rt800i -Fronts
    Polk cs400i -Center
    Polk fx500i -side surrounds
    Polk rc60i -rear surrounds
    Onkyo TX-NR 1009 (9.2) receiver
    Velodyne cht12
    Polk psw111
  • BRAD-TX
    BRAD-TX Posts: 25
    edited June 2003
    Options
    begbie, I love your sig, its been a long time since I have seen that on SNL. I can just see him now wacking the hell out of that cow bell :)
  • begbie
    begbie Posts: 630
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Hey thanks Brad. Actually it's kinda old now so I'm looking on changing it but there are few and far between Saturday Nite one liners out there.
    That was one of the few classic lines from that garbage show these days. Mad tv rules though !
    Polk Rt800i -Fronts
    Polk cs400i -Center
    Polk fx500i -side surrounds
    Polk rc60i -rear surrounds
    Onkyo TX-NR 1009 (9.2) receiver
    Velodyne cht12
    Polk psw111
  • burdette
    burdette Posts: 1,194
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Just an FYI... I received my new T2 box from Artisan yesterday. Box with outside insert, no inner insert.
  • Dr. Spec
    Dr. Spec Posts: 3,780
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by burdette
    Just an FYI... I received my new T2 box from Artisan yesterday. Box with outside insert, no inner insert.

Any drop-outs or skips? (That was you, right?)

Doc
    "What we do in life echoes in eternity"

Ed Mullen (emullen@svsound.com)
    Director - Technology and Customer Service
    SVS
  • BRAD-TX
    BRAD-TX Posts: 25
    edited June 2003
    Options
    begbie,

"do you want to live in a van down by the river" ??? one of my other favorites, and yeah the show sucks now.
  • burdette
    edited June 2003
    Options
    I got a new box, not a new disc.

I got into the Yahoo owners-group for my DVD player and talked to the guys there. I did a 'reset' of the entire unit and that solved the problem with skips that I was having. But, I've noticed that the problem creeps back. So, for now I'll just reset every so often until I can afford the hundred bucks for a new player.

I was looking at a player in flea market, but that ain't gonna happen right now.
  • PETERNG
    PETERNG Posts: 918
    edited June 2003
    Options
    The new T3 (new girl, actress) was at NYC-Times-square Planet Hollywood yesterday at 1pm... She is cool...
  • wrxmy02
    wrxmy02 Posts: 92
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Is thier any added footage from the original? [aka longer running time]..?
    Front: LSI7
    Center: LSIC
    Surrounds: LSI7
    SVS PB2-ISD SUB [MONOLITH!]
    ATI 1805 Amp
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Yes there 16 minutes added running time, I thought the commentary was outstanding watched it again last night. There is a really cool scene of going inside the terminator's head to reset him.

Burdette, who did you call to get the new box? Mine ripped up a bit even though I tried ever so easy to get the keeper out safely.
  • burdette
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Send an email to Artisan customer service, request a new box for T2. It is a VERY common problem.. the HT forum has an entire thread concerning the variety of rips and tears on people's boxes. cs@artisanent.com

I watched part of the special feature that describes the special effects as you go along... sort of like the 'pop up' video thing that used to be on. Each scene has tons of information on the screen concerning whether the effect is models, models and live actors, talk about the explosions, etc. Pretty interesting.