db10 Specs

MexicoDan
MexicoDan Posts: 14
edited June 2003 in Car Subwoofer Talk
I just pulled my old sub box from 7 years ago and found 2 DB10's.

How can I find the specs?
Post edited by MexicoDan on

Comments

• Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,707
    edited June 2003
    I have it at home somewhere. I will have to find it when I get home. It's the actual owner's manual.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited June 2003
    ever notice how the specs of old subs are like a fine wine... as time goes by and u have to live w/ new product the old stuff gets even sweeter and sweeter...

if those subs work well and are in good shape-- they're worth 150 - 200 each depending on whether or not u get ahold of somebody who really wants them bad.

worst case -- 125 each in good working order... considereing they retailed for like 170 or 180 many moons ago, that's a pretty good value retention considering used state.

*points to self* <--- wud pay 150 ea for used db 10's if he had the money or the amp or the room for them
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • MexicoDan
    MexicoDan Posts: 14
    edited June 2003
    Thanks for the info. I had no idea they were that good. Totalled that car back in 96. Found them just in time to start building my new system, so I could use some advice...

My rig...96 Chevy full size extended cab.

I'm planning on building two seperate boxes for the DB10s and putting them under the back bench seat (taking the jack box out). Is this better than one box for the two? And closed boxes right? I've read the threads and that's what I gather.

Need...6 1/2 component mids and tweets for the front. Would like to stay around 150 bucks but could go higher (300 tops). I'm a speaker novice. Brands like Hifonics, MB Quart, Audiobahn, etc are all new to me.

4x6 coax in back. I've read these are not as important? So I could save a little here? I do like some sound coming from the back.

Deck for around 250.

Amp or amps? I was hoping to get by with one big multichannel, but I don't think I'll have the space. One amp to run the subs and one for the speakers?

Anything else I need? Any advice is good! Thanks again.
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited June 2003
    800 x 1 mono amp would do good for the subs...

do separate 0.66 cubic foot chambers with the subs under the seat but forward firing, not down firing.

100 x 2 fronts / 30 - 40 x 2 rears would do ya fine..

hell run the rears off deck power and the fronts off a 100x 2

polk momo comps can be had for 150 on ebay.
  • sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited June 2003
    your truck kicks ****!
    ill send a link later and you can see my truck...same make/year but a gmc
    if i had more time id go into more detail but i have to go to work
    -Cody
  • sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited June 2003
    http://clubpolk.polkaudio.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7249&highlight=install+take+while+load
    those are pics of my truck
    only thing different now is that the momos have been replaced with the new ones
    theyre 12s
    the back seat fits on top of the box
    my brother has a box similar to mine but with 10s, and it does not stick at all to reduce leg room, it even has an indention for the handle to get the back seat to flop down
    the crossovers are mounted on the kick panels which in my opinion is the best place for them
    the tweeters for the mm6 components are big though, and you will not be able to surface mount them on the panels mine are on without them going over the side
    and you cant make them face each other (parallel with the windshield) because the dash gets in the way and when you shut the door the tweeters will get busted up
    so if you dont want to drill you might want to think about a different component system with smaller tweeters
    and the momo crossovers(the new models) are about as big as a crossover you can get to fit in the kickpanels
    the amps are mounted behind the seat so space for amps is not really a question, and yes they do get adequate cooling
    if i were you i would get replacement 4x6s, the stock ones suck **** and if you turn it up they will distort
    look for 4x6s that have an rms of 25 watts or less to run off the deck(dont pay attention to peak power...IT IS USELESS INFORMATION)
    i would do as pbd said and run the subs off one amp, the components off one amp, and the 4x6s off the deck
    you want to look for a deck that has 4volt preouts
    i would go with pioneer, but thats me
    theres a post called online shopping in the car audio and electronics forum which basically has the cheapest the internet has to offer on speakers
    might want to take a look there
    for a pioneer deck...check out www.carmedia1.com, they are dirt cheap
    or ebay
    if you have any more questions just ask
    -Cody
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited June 2003
    ya either deck the rears or u can get like a cheapo 30 x 2 or something for the rears for like 50 bucks on ebay -- in the long run if u are picky about sound u may be glad u did... if its not a huge big deal, just deck em.

i got a blue thunder 50 x 2 for like 49 bucks or something for my rears... just needed a little tweaking and a paintjob and it was pimpin.