Score!

Options
timothyj
timothyj Posts: 129
edited March 2003 in Speakers
Hey all my polk relatives, I havn't posted in a year but now have reason to. Just picked up a PSW450 for $199 and a set of RT25i's for $119. Both are floor models and in perfect shape! I got them at the Great Indoors (who'd of thought - I go there with my wife expecting to look at plates, and I come home with a PSW450!).

One serious bummer, we live in an apartment, and will likely be getting my masters degree next year - so no real unleashing of my sub for quite some time. Woe is me.

Just had to share my joy - if you have a great indoors check them out, you may find something. My system now consists of . . .

CS400i
RT800i
RT25i
PSW450

ONKYO TXDS 595X
Tim

LSI7 x 3 (fronts)
rt25i x 2 (surrounds)
SVS PB-10 NSD
Harmon Kardon 235 pre/pro
NAD amps
Xbox 360
Pioneer DV-578A (DVD, SACD, DVD-A)
Post edited by timothyj on

Comments

• gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited March 2003
    Options
    Glad to hear it!
    Make it Funky! :)
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited March 2003
    Options
  • wallstreet
    wallstreet Posts: 1,405
    edited March 2003
    Options
    I was just at GI and I didn't see any Polk speakers. I was looking for some inwalls and all they had were Jamo. I found some Polks over at CC. They had the speaks halfway mounted into some concocted in wall stand. The speaks were about to fall on the floor. CC suks. Polk's going to be out of business if they don't get into UE or Tweeter. There are 10 new UE and Tweeters in Dallas. Not a Polk to be found in any of them.
  • timothyj
    timothyj Posts: 129
    edited March 2003
    Options
    I agree, polk and tweeter need to become friends, someone serious about building a theater will be referred to tweeter before cc or best buy.

By the way, how do you like your fx1000's? They sell for 500 at fry's, wondering if it would be worth the investment.
    Tim

LSI7 x 3 (fronts)
    rt25i x 2 (surrounds)
    SVS PB-10 NSD
    Harmon Kardon 235 pre/pro
    NAD amps
    Xbox 360
    Pioneer DV-578A (DVD, SACD, DVD-A)
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    edited March 2003
    Options
    You guys are serious about Tweeter? The "boat-load of know how" smells alot like manure. I'd actually place them below CC. Not to mention they have lame operating hours. They close by 7:30 PM on weekdays and 6 PM on Saturdays and Sundays around here.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited March 2003
    Options
    Jstas,

Probably depends on the area, regular hrs here, and I'd rate them just above CC (for this area).

I agree on the slo-go, could be worse though.....

Walt,

Which location did you go to? I was at the Tollway/Alpha store not 2 weeks ago, Polk RTi, LSi, and in-walls.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • wallstreet
    edited March 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by timothyj
    I agree, polk and tweeter need to become friends, someone serious about building a theater will be referred to tweeter before cc or best buy.

By the way, how do you like your fx1000's? They sell for 500 at fry's, wondering if it would be worth the investment.

The 1000's are sweet. I'm running dipole this week.:cool: I've been meaning to get to Fry's. $500? That's $250 better than what I paid for them! They match perfectly with my ls90's. I hooked up a Yammy rx-v1 the other day and sweet jesus I'm due for an receiver upgrade! My old Denon sounds like mud now.
  • wallstreet
    edited March 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by RuSsMaN

Walt,

Which location did you go to? I was at the Tollway/Alpha store not 2 weeks ago, Polk RTi, LSi, and in-walls.

That's where I was. Not an inwall to be found.
  • wallstreet
    edited March 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by Jstas
    You guys are serious about Tweeter? The "boat-load of know how" smells alot like manure. I'd actually place them below CC. Not to mention they have lame operating hours. They close by 7:30 PM on weekdays and 6 PM on Saturdays and Sundays around here.
    I'm not a big fan of Tweety either, but at least everythings hooked up. I've always liked CC more the BB. For Dallas it goes:
    1. Hillcrest High Fidelity
    2. Home Theatre Store
    3. Ultimate Electronics
    4. Starpower
    5. Tweeter
    6. CC
    7. BB

I need to check out Fry's, but it's a long haul.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited March 2003
    Options
    Hillcrest HiFi, Russ took me there when I visited Dallas. Now THAT place was cool.

STILL kicking my **** that I didn't pick up a pair of those B&W 303's for 189.

Maybe I really am a moron.

Great Indoors, I stopped at the one in Houston on my way out of Texas as I heard they had LSi's. When I was there, they didn't but were waiting for them. Cool place though, they got everything else it would seem.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited March 2003
    Options
    The were $79 each Troy, kick a *little* harder. Actually, Hillcrest has taken a nosedive for me. The pushed out Bowers & Wilkins, and brought in Monitor Audio. Nothing against MA, but B&W is in my 'sole'.

Walter, you need to check out Paragon (formerly Audio Insight @ Plano Parkway/75), and Audio Concepts (Forest Lane @ Preston).

Paragon stocks Tannoy, JmLab, Wadia etc...
    A Concepts stocks Audio Research, ProAc, Linn etc....

Stereo East used to be a cool place to go, back when NHT had their **** together. Nothing like in-efficient paper drivers, and beefy amps.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.