Where's the PSW505?

Options
afl
afl Posts: 9
Does anybody know when the PSW505 will be rolled-out? I've got my eye on a Velodyne CHT-12, but I wanted to check out the 505 first...
Mains: Polk RTi70's
Center: Polk CSi40
Surrounds: Polk FXi 50's
Sub: SVS 20-39PCi
Receiver: JVC RX-DV3SL
Post edited by afl on

Comments

• scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited January 2003
    Options
    I would like to see it also!!!!!
  • joe logston
    joe logston Posts: 882
    edited January 2003
    Options
    i will check the polk booth at the ces tomorrow and see if they have it there or find out wend its coming out
    . rt-7 mains
    rt-20p surounds
    cs-400i front center
    cs-350 ls rear center
    2 energy take 5, efects
    2- psw-650 , subs
    1- 15" audiosource sub

lets all go to the next ces.
  • mbaumann
    mbaumann Posts: 2
    edited January 2003
    Options
    I emailed polk a few days ago and they said look for it around March.
  • afl
    afl Posts: 9
    edited January 2003
    Options
    Thanks...I guess I shouldn't hold my breath...
    Mains: Polk RTi70's
    Center: Polk CSi40
    Surrounds: Polk FXi 50's
    Sub: SVS 20-39PCi
    Receiver: JVC RX-DV3SL
  • north51
    north51 Posts: 66
    edited January 2003
    Options
    Hey,

I read today that Polk announced their new 808 to replace the 650. It has optional colours so that it will match the LSI series as well.
  • joe logston
    joe logston Posts: 882
    edited January 2003
    Options
    north51, where did you read this. i want to read it to, i went to day to the ces and polk audio is still setting up so i didnt bother them, will go back tomorrow, and saturday and find out about the new subs.
    . rt-7 mains
    rt-20p surounds
    cs-400i front center
    cs-350 ls rear center
    2 energy take 5, efects
    2- psw-650 , subs
    1- 15" audiosource sub

lets all go to the next ces.
  • phuz
    phuz Posts: 2,372
    edited January 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by north51
    Hey,

I read today that Polk announced their new 808 to replace the 650. It has optional colours so that it will match the LSI series as well.

References please! :)

Where did ya see it? Quotes? Url? Anything? :):):) heh
  • goingganzo
    goingganzo Posts: 2,793
    edited January 2003
    Options
    afi the velo is a good sub alot beter than the polks . dont get me wrong polk makes a great speaker but their subs just are not worth the bills. the nearest high end shop from me is at least 45 min away and they have a real big mark up. that is y i havent gone there. plus i will have all the bass i need and if i want more i will just buld another sub.

ali if you want a cht 12 you can get my ct 120 for a steal. if you want to sell it later beacues you want to upgrade you will get allmost all you investment back. after the inital drop for a speaker it usaly dont drop unless you dammage it .
  • north51
    north51 Posts: 66
    edited January 2003
    Options
    Hello,

I read it in Marketnews Magazine, a Canadian Consumer Electronic magazine. I get the online weekly updates, and here's the link...

http://www.marketnews.ca/news_homee.cgi#1041886348

Jason
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited January 2003
    Options
    Polk Audio Introduces PSW808 Powered Subwoofer
    Web Posted: 01/06/2003 3:52 PM ET
    Baltimore, MD, January 6, 2003: Polk Audio has announced the introduction of the PSW808, a high-performance powered subwoofer that replaces the PSW650, which originally debuted in early 1999. The PSW808 features dual 10-inch drivers with high roll surrounds and two-inch voice coils mounting on opposing one-inch thick MDF baffles.

The top, bottom, front, and back panels of the enclosure are finished in black high gloss laminate and the side panels are finished in either Cherry or Ebony-finish wood veneer, and the firm notes that the finishes and overall industrial design matches that of Polk’s Lsi Series loudspeakers.

The system, which is vented via an all-new application of Polk’s patented Power Port that combines a slot-loaded port with a Power Port air diffusion device. The Power Port system, explains Polk, allows air exiting the port to slow gradually, thereby reducing air turbulence at the port mouth.

A built-in 400-watt digital amplifier drives the system, featuring front panel volume and variable low pass controls, high pass filters, LFE input, phase switch, manual or auto on/off, speaker level inputs, and line level inputs.

The firm notes that the PSW808 will be available in Canada in April 2003 at an MSRP of US$949.95.

For more information, visit www.polkaudio.com.

Developing twitch....must have..... :D:D:D
  • phuz
    edited January 2003
    Options
    I'll take one please.

What does that price translate into in U.S. dollars? About $650?
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited January 2003
    Options
    On the PSW650 page, it lists MSRP as $769, and it sells for $649.
    The PSW808 has an MSRP of $949, so I think it will sell for $799.

Management is not responsible for poor math skills. ;)

BTW Phuz, they have a US in front of the price in the article. Haha!
    I know you were excited lol
  • phuz
    edited January 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by fireshoes

BTW Phuz, they have a US in front of the price in the article. Haha!
    I know you were excited lol

Bah. Yeah, I was excited. Cool cool. I'll still take one. It will be mine, oh yes.... it will be mine.