I'll be in Chicago this week, who is up for dinner?

okiepolkie
okiepolkie Posts: 2,258
edited March 2008 in The Clubhouse
I'll be attending Control4 training this week in Chicago, and I'll have Wed and Thurs evening where I could meet up with one of you guys.

PM if you are interested, and I can get you my phone number. I'm leaving early Monday morning, but I will be able to check my email with my phone.
Tschüss
Zach
Post edited by okiepolkie on

Comments

• brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,624
    edited March 2008
    If you're looking to go out with people and you like Brazilian BBQ, you should check out Fogo de Chao in downtown Chicago. It's one of only 10 US locations and originated in Brazil......My sister first went there in Dallas, and then was in Brazil for a few years and checked it out down there as well.........the food is GREAT........

If anything, go for lunch since dinner is $50 each and the only difference is one or two meat options. Lunch is either $25 or $30 if I remember correctly. Otherwise, you get the same salad bar, and all other sides/courses are the same.
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • okiepolkie
    okiepolkie Posts: 2,258
    edited March 2008
    It would have to be dinner, as we are having lunch provided to us on-site. I'm staying fairly close to Ohare, but my training is downtown, and have a rental car, so most anywhere is fine.
    Tschüss
    Zach
  • wodom1
    wodom1 Posts: 1,054
    edited March 2008
    I could meet with you on Thursday, if you'd like. Are you a big beer fan or not? If so, there's a fantastic brewpub that I frequent. Tell me what you like and I can provide recommendations. The best places to go out are in the neighborhoods, not downtown, IMO.

Josh
    "I got into the music business thinking it was really radical, that it wasn't really a business at all, that it was a lot of people being artistic and creative. Not true, and it made me very depressed."

Thom Yorke of Radiohead

SOPA. Bow down before me, ****. Want a cookie?

Polk Audio LSi15
    Polk Audio LSiC
    Polk Audio FXi30
    Samsung LN-T4061F 40" 1080P LCD HDTV
    Sony Playstation 3
    Outlaw Model 990 Pre/Pro
    Rotel 985 MK II
    Rotel 1072 CDP
    Soundstage Vacuum II tube pre
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited March 2008
    I'm booked on Thur night, but I could be avail on Wed night. I work about 20 min west of Ohare in the Woodfield Mall area.
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,951
    edited March 2008
    Not to go off topic here....but hell Doug,you travel to the Woodfield area from the Rockford area?? Thats one heck of a commute my friend.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited March 2008
    42 miles door to door from home in Belvidere to the office in Schaumburg, the first 35 miles of the commute are at 80 mph without much traffic. So it's not too bad. I usually work from home 1 or 2 days per week. I'm just not a suburb type person :cool:
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC