"Punk'ed" Karma with TroyD

2»

Comments

• hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,411
    edited February 2008
    brettw22 wrote: »
    If he gave us more notice, Troy would be on the board and seeing it...........this way Troy's in the car already on the way and he has no way of doing so.......

Brett is a smart man.

But the more time thing would have help me have a plan, as it was, I ran around the house doing this and that, out to
    walmart for last minute things and got home as they got there. So no Punk'ed picture or video.

I got him drunk, does that count?
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited February 2008
    hoosier21 wrote: »
    Brett is a smart man.

But the more time thing would have help me have a plan, as it was, I ran around the house doing this and that, out to
    walmart for last minute things and got home as they got there. So no Punk'ed picture or video.

only if he's hung over:D
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited February 2008
    I'm going to be very disappointed if his testicles don't have a Wilson or Spalding logo on them.
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited February 2008
    I think we should still have the mods ban him and tell him its for some old faster **** he did. He wont mind the ban, more the faster part............they should do it at midnight so he can enjoy his Sunday.

You boys have fun.

RT1
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited February 2008
    I think we should still have the mods ban him and tell him its for some old faster **** he did. He wont mind the ban, more the faster part............they should do it at midnight so he can enjoy his Sunday.

You boys have fun.

RT1

Oh that's a great idea.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,806
    edited February 2008

Only if you take advantage of him. If it makes you feel better, buy him dinner first.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • hoosier21
    edited February 2008
    Jayzuz, after this weekend, I need a bucket of ice and a LOT of therapy.

BDT
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • HiPerf360
    HiPerf360 Posts: 436
    edited February 2008
    Brett is a smart man.

HTF do you drop the ball and blame it on Wal-Mart?

Oh, the humanity!

The suspense for a pic of a pie in the face, or the pitching wedge to the nuts?

LOL
  • hoosier21
    edited February 2008
    Picture of Troy with his new Silver Carver Amazings, his only comment was they didn't have the top end detail of his Platnum Amazings.
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

• George Grand
    edited February 2008
    Looks like he's been working on HIS top end again.

DID YOU LOSE A BET? Those shoes!
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited February 2008
    Wow, what a weekend.

I knock on the door to Chez Abernathy to 'FORE!'.....WHAM!!! Then blackness.

I woke up at the Bremen Hospital/Hair Salon/Tire Care center. Official diagnosis was '9-iron to the ball bag'. Prescription? Cooler of MHL's. Used the ice to reduce the swelling of my **** and the beer for pain.

Seriously, had a great weekend. We ate and drank (obviously) to excess. Even made a side trip to lovely Marietta. Gotta say, the pie at Marietta Pizza Co., while may not rise to the level of the fabled Russo's...it ain't that far away, either.

Had a great time and picked up a pair of Amazing Silver's to boot! In another couple of days, the swelling should go down to the point that I don't look like I'm carrying a beach ball in my pocket.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited February 2008
    well that speaker surely can deliver "air" to any recording.

RT1
  • TroyD
    edited February 2008
    It does my heart good to have another pair of Carver's under the roof. After listening to the Quads and the SDA's, it's really interesting to compare and contrast them.

NOTHING does full scale symphonies like the Amazings though, NOTHING.

BDT
  • George Grand
    edited February 2008
    Loudspeakers for men.
  • TroyD
    edited February 2008
    Oh, and the shoe thing. Yeah. Well, this is one of those cases where I was wrong. I SWORE I'd never wear crocs. Rubber Jesus sandals and all that. So a friend gave me a pair to take to Iraq for shower shoes. Man, I LOVE these things. They are SOOOO comfortable.

Yeah, and I forgot to pack any other footwear for the trip.

BDT
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited February 2008
    Maddox said it best :
    When it comes to shoes, there are usually three deciding factors: quality, price, and style. Some shoes are cheap and stylish, but poor quality, while others are stylish and durable, but expensive. Crocs usually go for $30-$60, which doesn't sound like much for a shoe, until you consider that what you're really paying for are melted pellets squirted into a cast-iron mold in some province in China. Crocs have the rare combination of being expensive, poor quality, and ugly. It's quite a feat for one shoe to suck this bad.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited February 2008
    Shouldn't that carver have a ribbon? Or that's why some people call them transparent?

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • TroyD
    edited February 2008
    bobman1235 wrote: »

Good thing that they didn't cost me anything. I'm secure enough in my manhood to say with certainty that I like them.

Ricardo....I dunno, the highs are certainly transparent, for sure!

BDT
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited February 2008
    I kid of course, I'd dress like a homeless person if it was comfortable (and acceptable at work).
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited February 2008
    TroyD wrote: »
    Oh, and the shoe thing. Yeah. Well, this is one of those cases where I was wrong. I SWORE I'd never wear crocs. Rubber Jesus sandals and all that. So a friend gave me a pair to take to Iraq for shower shoes. Man, I LOVE these things. They are SOOOO comfortable.

Yeah, and I forgot to pack any other footwear for the trip.

BDT

A friend of the family is the inventor of Crocs. We will forever be wearing these. I have about 10 pairs in different colors and styles. Until you've worn a pair don't knock em'. They are some of THE most comfortable shoes/sandles you'll wear. Get over the "nubs" on the soles and you start to see the massage you get when you wear them. I like em' alot. Well....besides the fact that we will never pay for a pair....I'd buy them anyway.

Chuck
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • TroyD
    edited February 2008
    bobman1235 wrote: »
    I kid of course, I'd dress like a homeless person if it was comfortable (and acceptable at work).

I hear ya, bob...no worries.

BDT
  • hoosier21
    edited February 2008
    Ricardo wrote: »
    Shouldn't that carver have a ribbon? Or that's why some people call them transparent?

This pair is an early pair of Silver before Bob Carver upgrade the line and added a ribbon driver. Ths pair is very rare and Troy paid a premium for them, being a collectors item and all.

That is actually a different pair of Silvers (mine) than what Troy came to pick up this past weekend.

ANYBODY NEED A PAIR OF CARVER SILVERS less the ribbon drivers? Open to any and all local offers.
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

• Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited February 2008
    ANYBODY NEED A PAIR OF CARVER SILVERS less the ribbon drivers? Open to any and all local offers.

I have a set of almost matching mudgrip tires I'll trade?

Chuck
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • TroyD
    edited February 2008
    Would that be the uber-rare model w/12" woofers with 'ventilated' surrounds?

BDT
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,982
    edited February 2008
    Transparent AND vented? These I have to hear.

Or not.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • TroyD
    edited February 2008
    I would...if I'd had enough room, those would have come home with me too but I'm a sucker for following the trends, you know?

BDT