Comments

• ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited February 2008
    Ricardo wrote: »
    Wizzy, Peter, and Dick. Hmmmm...

what a delightful name for a law firm..LOL :D
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • SKsolutions
    SKsolutions Posts: 1,820
    edited February 2008
    Hooke, Lyne & Sinker

The Wiznit
    -Ignorance is strength -
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited February 2008
  • bikezappa
    bikezappa Posts: 2,463
    edited February 2008
    You just can't leave it alone can you Peter?

Nope.

The Constitution is important to me. When I see laws that change it with out any debate I am concerned.

Doesn't that bother you? Is my data wrong?

You need to draw the line in the sand somewhere.

There is a big difference between talking about politics and the government that was designed with a fair system of checks and balances.

How can the government do something illegal and then pass a law that makes the past illegal activity legal? Do you raise your children with that kind of thinking?

This not about Dem vs Rep, this is about our Constitutional rights.

The information or data that can be gained by unlimited unrestricted wire tapping of phones and email is very valuable and could be used for political, economic and social gains. The potential to do harm with this data is unlimited in my opinion.

Sorry if this view bothers every one.

This concerns me.
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited February 2008
    A lot of stuff bothers me Peter. And sometimes I act on the things that bother me. But I don't talk politics here (dress up your words however you like, you're spouting politics) because we're not supposed to. And I NEVER, EVER, pull out my schwantz in public, hoist it on the table, and ask everybody to beat on it with a meat tenderizer.

If you feel this strongly, surely there is a political blog where you can do your thing.
  • bikezappa
    bikezappa Posts: 2,463
    edited February 2008
    A lot of stuff bothers me Peter. And sometimes I act on the things that bother me. But I don't talk politics here (dress up your words however you like, you're spouting politics) because we're not supposed to. And I NEVER, EVER, pull out my schwantz in public, hoist it on the table, and ask everybody to beat on it with a meat tenderizer.

If you feel this strongly, surely there is a political blog where you can do your thing.

There are politics everwhere on this forum George and don't kid yourself.

I get tired of reading these one liners oversimplifing important issues like the Constitution. I understand political discussions to be related to supporting one political party vs another. That is not my subject. Both politcal parties supported changing the Constitution.

Anyway I have said my BS.
  • ohskigod
    edited February 2008
    bikezappa wrote: »
    How can the government do something illegal and then pass a law that makes the past illegal activity legal? Do you raise your children with that kind of thinking?

take a DEEP breath.

the law passed doesnt make anything legal or not legal. it recognizes that when the phone companies assisted the government, it did so in good faith (a corporation is not structured to take a political stance).

the government asked for assistance, the phone companies obliged given the circumstances, which go farther than anyone on this rinky dink internet board knows, including me.

This simply holds the phone companies harmless in there actions because again, they acted in good faith cooperating with the government. which I agree with.

also, please be aware that american phone conversations were NOT tapped. overseas calls which were routed through US for technological and logistical reasons were tapped. They are NOT tapping your conversation to the Pizza joint down the street to see what toppings you like, so please, pretty please WITh SUGAR ON TOP, stop with the "1984", "Big BRother" Soviet Bloc" references, because its insulting to people that actually were oppressed and had freedoms crushed.

get a clue, and some persepective.

and I feel George's argument, cant we bring up the points on a political blog somewhere? that said, at this time of year, it might be unavoidable. eeesh!
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • jakelm
    jakelm Posts: 4,081
    edited February 2008
    I think the gov is reading this thread right now.... We should all leave...
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    Frankinpolk Center (2 mw6503's with peerless tweeter)
    M10's back surround
    Hafler-200 driving patio Daytons
    Tempest-X 15" DIY sub w/ Rythmik 350A plate amp
    Dayton 12" DVC w/ Rythmik 350a plate amp
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Denon upconvert DVD player
    Jennings Research (vintage and rare)
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

Dont BAN me Bro!!!!:eek:
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited February 2008
    Lou, nail, head...SQUASH.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited February 2008
    I could care less about wizzie's point of veiw...I'm just here to make fun of him (or her...how the hell do we know???).
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • ohskigod
    edited February 2008
    shack wrote: »
    I could care less about wizzie's point of veiw...I'm just here to make fun of him (or her...how the hell do we know???).

sometimes, you just get me dude..LOL
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• SKsolutions
    SKsolutions Posts: 1,820
    edited February 2008
    shack wrote: »

I voted other.
    -Ignorance is strength -