Jerry O'Connell Tom Cruise Scientology Spoof!

2»

Comments

• bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited January 2008
    Yeah, the only difference with the Scientology is they don't pay him, he pays them.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • bikezappa
    bikezappa Posts: 2,463
    edited January 2008
    bobman1235 wrote: »
    Yeah, the only difference with the Scientology is they don't pay him, he pays them.

I wouldn't be surprised if scientology paid Tom.

Look at all the publicity they have gotten from Tom.

Tom does what he does, he is an actor first and only.

Don't assume he has a brain and uses it for his own reasons.

He sells his mouth and body, reads the lines, and looks good doing it.
  • bobman1235
    edited January 2008
    I'm all for being cynical and not believing everything at face value, but there's enough out there about Tom actually believing what he says and actually being deep into Scientology that there's no way your fantasy is true. I'm sorry.

And no matter how much money he's getting in this hypothetical conspiracy, do you really think anyone would ruin not only their own but their family's reputations? The problem with every type of conspiracy theory (which is what this is) is that there are inevitably too many people involved that there's no way it wouldn't slip. You're telling me that out of everyone in the Cruise family, Katie Holmes' family, and all of Hollywood that knows them, not one person has let it slip that "oh yeah, Tom Cruise doesn't ACTUALLY believe in Scientology (nor do any of the other dozens of actors who have been linked with it, of course), he's just being paid to ruin his and his family's reputation, be the laughing stock of 90% of the country, to shill a fake religion.

Sure, I buy that.

Also, you think he looks "good" doing what he's doing? He's lost roles because of this : people can't take him seriously anymore, studios dont' want to deal with him because his personal publicity ruins publicity for their movies, etc.
  • bikezappa
    edited January 2008
    I don't believe anything an actor says at face value. The actor's job is to make you think what ever the actor wants you to think. Assuming there is a good scripe.

I don't think I'm being cynical just objective.

I have no idea what Tom believes in. Does anyone?

I don't have any conspiracy theory as you put it, I just noted the similarity between Tom's acting in Magnolia and a very similar theme and presentation in his scientolgy rap.
    That's all. Did you see that movie? Do you see any similarity? I could wrong, I usually am.

And I don't think Tom is ruining his live by his involvement with scientology. I don't care what Tom does. He is an intertaning actor if the scripe is good. I wouldn't take his advice or think that he knew anything about investing, diet, love or for that matter on anything except acting.

Would you?

Would any one with a brain.
  • bobman1235
    edited January 2008
    - I agree there is a similarity

- I think anyone who takes "advice" or any opinion from someone who is paid to lie for a living is a dolt (see also any actor who endorses a political candidate)

- I still don't think his schtick is a facade because there is more to it than that video that mimics a movie. There is YEARS of stuff involving him and Scientology. You believe all of that is made up as some sort of publicity stunt for Scientology, which is a conspiracy theory.

- His personal life doesn't affect me seeing his movies, but I'm not most people. A lot of this country is religious and someone with views like his might be a turn-off for them. The studios themselves have said that his involvement has hurt their marketing of his movies. Family and friends of his wife have claimed to have been alienated by her because of this religion he has dragged her into.

This isn't rocket science.
  • bikezappa
    edited January 2008
    Well Bob I think there is much common ground between us on Tom and his acting career.

Once an actor, you always have that extra advantage of the ability to be very convincing to most people.

Hey I used to live in Londonderry. Did you ever go to Captians Cove on Rt 28? They closed it a few year ago. Had a great Spuer Bowl Party there. Cheap booze. T-Bones is still good.
  • bobman1235
    edited January 2008
    Captain's Cove sounds familiar but I can't say I've ever actually been....

I actually grew up in Londonderry; moved out for a few years at the end of grade school (1990 or so), came back to Derry for high school (Pinkerton).
  • cubdog
    cubdog Posts: 835
    edited January 2008
    He's a whack job, period.

cubdog
    Shuguang Classic S8MK
    Emotiva XDA-2
    Bel Canto M300 mono blocks
    Bel Canto DAC 1.5
    Squeezebox Touch
    Sony SS-M7
    A/D/S L710
  • bikezappa
    edited January 2008
    I think the Cove was shut down for gambling. It was a dive but a very large guy owned it and loved to play laser disks vidoes on three projection TVs all around the bar. I think the beer in bottle cost about $2. Gone now.
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited January 2008
    I like how in the Cruise video he more or less over the course of 10 minutes says nothing. Many words are spoken but I swear I did not hear one coherent thought.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,394
    edited January 2008
    Tom Cruise, was he always this way? It seems like he is living in his own world, or should I say he is out of it. That would be freaky to have someone with that type of mannerism in front of me.
  • bdaley6509
    bdaley6509 Posts: 1,167
    edited January 2008
    Lol...that was great. tom C is a wacko.