Man sues US Gov't for $3,000,000,000,000,000

I-SIG
I-SIG Posts: 2,238
edited January 2008 in The Clubhouse
Yes, that's $3 Quadrillion.

Big Money!!!

Wes
Link: http://polkarmy.com/forums

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d
Post edited by I-SIG on

Comments

• AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,725
    edited January 2008
    Wow...that's ridiculous
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited January 2008
    See also here.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited January 2008
    How come these creatures, who live below sea level, weren't pressing the mayor of New Orleans to do something about the levees that I am sure they knew could only stand up against a category 3 hurricane?

Entitlement maybe?
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,982
    edited January 2008
    Because they don't want to blame themselves, they want to help bring America down. How patriotic of them.

My next move is to move to a known natural disaster area and when the volcano erupts, I'm going to sue this country because I was a fuc$ing dumbass.

All of these people can kiss my rebel di$k.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited January 2008
    So he thinks he's entitled to the entire US's output for the next 200+ years because his home was destroyed? Hmm, selfish lil ****. I hope the judge awards him $0.01 so he has to pay the court and lawyer fees.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • m00npie
    m00npie Posts: 697
    edited January 2008
    I wonder if his laywer said "$3 Quadrillion" like Dr. Evil
  • MikeC78
    MikeC78 Posts: 2,315
    edited January 2008
    Perfect example on why animals are smarter than humans...

You disturb a birds nest, what does the bird do? He is very smart, he moves on and does not return.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,163
    edited January 2008
    What a MORON! All he *might* be entitled to is to allow him to get back to where he was(financially and possession's) before the hurricane. That's not even necessarily the Gov't responsibility either. There is risk in life and just being a living breathing human being you have to take some of that risk on yourself. **** happens, move on and deal with it.

Like my Dad reminded me. We as a family went thru a flood in the 70's. 12" of water in the house, lost most things and no one (Gov't specifically) was there to help. Pull up your boot straps do what you can, lean on friends, family, etc. and move on. It sucks and it's not fair what happened to those people in New Orleans, but that's LIFE.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    edited January 2008
    What a d!ck........

Some people just don't get it, man. This guy needs to go away as bad as the guy in DC suing the dry cleaners for his pants.

Shawn
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • John in MA
    John in MA Posts: 1,010
    edited January 2008
    I really should sue the government one of these days. Could use a new McInotsh MC402.
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited January 2008
    I think its a plot from Dr Evil. Where is Austin Powers?
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,982
    edited January 2008
    You know, we as Americans can counter sue.

Yeah, counter sue!!! Since they knew that the levees could only withstand a cat. 3 hurricane, yet they went on building anyway also knowing that they were below sea level. This is gross negligence and a class action suit should be filed for all of the temporary and permanent damage caused to the ecology. Trash, oil, chemicals, ****, and an untold billions of pounds or more of solid and liquid waste was dumped into the water.

Well, just like you will be responsible for not hitting the brakes when you knew that there was a car in front of you that had stopped.........They should be responsible for what un-prevented measures they took. They knew it was a possible disaster waiting to happen. They did nothing about it. They did not demand or raise the $$$ to reinforce the walls to withstand a category 5 hurricane. They did not adequately prepare their town for a situation that they knew was inevitable and as a consequence, severely damaged the aquatic life and ecology surrounding a major [man-caused] footprint on this earth.

It is for this reason I am counter suing the local, state and city governments of all three affected states in the amount of world debt for the next two hundred years. A lesson needs to be learned and the message should be clear.

As an added message, the courts will require that each of the folks suing, whether it be insurance companies that didn't pay out wanting pay in, businesses, municipalities or for personal reasons a signed and notarized document that states "I am a moron, I can not think like a rational human being and I am a stupid American who thinks about me, me, me. Because of this fact, I will no longer be able to have any legal claim for the rest of my life. I apologize for taking life like a freeloader and not making a stand prior to the disaster, which I understand fully now that it was a NATURAL disaster and that I could have prevented it from affecting me in several different ways".

Then we could sue them for the amount of money and resources it took [that Americans paid for] to help out an area in desperate need after the disaster and for the amount of taxpayer's dollars these lawsuits will have cost the country after we have already sent untold amounts of money to help and are still being asked to.

:mad: :mad: :mad:
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited January 2008
    Idiots....you cant expect MAN to protect you from YOU setting up residence below sea level...be like me blaming our government for only having the housing standards meet a 6.5 quake standard and a 8.0 quake destrys my home.

I sure know why I love my dogs so much......
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,446
    edited January 2008
    Tom, I'll join your lawsuit......BRAVO!!!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk