Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited December 2007
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited December 2007
    Makes me wonder if there's a fool in Asheville dying to spend 5-800$ on my "like new" wii....
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • tommyboy
    tommyboy Posts: 1,414
    edited December 2007
    Silverti wrote: »

Quote from link above...

"Retailers have already been given feedback that we are not big fans of that(Bundles). We think it masks some of the price advantage we have versus our competition and, frankly, the consumer should decide what they want," Fils-Aime said.

Wow, I'm suprised that a company is saying that... and a relief. I despise bundles. You shouldn't have to pay full price for some extra stuff you don't want just to get the system. I really hope this statement is followed.

I also read in an article that nintendo is maxing out in production, but are really concerned about expansion. They are worried by the time they put all this money into a new plant, this demand of the wii will be gone. They seemed to have learned from the n64 and gamecube days...
    AVR: H/K AVR240
    Fronts: Monitor 50s
    Center: CSI3
    surrounds: R15s
    Sub:Velodyne DPS10
    Dvd/Cd: Samsung HD upconverter (for now)
    TV: 50" Sammy Plasma
    game hardware: 360 and gcn.
    Gamertag: kovster27
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,600
    edited December 2007
    http://games.gearlive.com/playfeed/article/q407-wii-shortages-nintendo-gamestop-rain-check/

Gamestop is giving rainchecks. This should slow down some of the
    CL guys. Son #2 is pulling a double shift at Gamestop today. I guess
    parents are getting the word!
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited December 2007
    I have yet to walk into a joint and not find the Wii for sale, so the shortage is lost on me.
    That being said... the demographic is far beyond that of Microsoft or Sony. Nintendo really hit it out of the park on this one. I mean, my Nana has as much fun with it as I do. And my parents are positively addicted. I NEVER thought I would decline an invitation to play video games, but every single night?!? Crack, people. Pure, unadulterated crack.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • PhantomOG
    PhantomOG Posts: 2,409
    edited December 2007
    I have yet to walk into a joint and not find the Wii for sale, so the shortage is lost on me.
    That being said... the demographic is far beyond that of Microsoft or Sony. Nintendo really hit it out of the park on this one. I mean, my Nana has as much fun with it as I do. And my parents are positively addicted. I NEVER thought I would decline an invitation to play video games, but every single night?!? Crack, people. Pure, unadulterated crack.

Where the heck do you live? I've never seen one in store. Ever. And for a period of time I was actively searching. I gave up after a week.

I don't mind though, don't really need to be spending the money on myself anyways :p
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited December 2007
    Oodles and oodles in the Ohio Valley. Blessed baby Jeebus... if I thought I could be making $250 a pop profit off these suckers, I'd be loading up the Ol' White Van. Anyway, I'm lurking around Hotlanta nowadays, so maybe things are a bit different.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • Phasearray
    Phasearray Posts: 437
    edited December 2007
    Right before Thanksgiving, Wiis were going for under $300 on craigslist. Demand went up during the holidays and it's a combinations of parents willing to do anything to spoil their child and greedy people who are stocking up on Wiis they don't need to gauge buyers.
    Receiver - Onkyo HT-R340
    Front - Pioneer S-HF21
    Center -Onkyo SKC-340C
    Surround Back - Polk R15 <--Ticket to club polk
    Subwoofer - Onkyo SKW-340
  • Phasearray
    edited December 2007
    Here's an example. Obviously the guy didn't buy them so he can have a Wii in every room
    http://southjersey.craigslist.org/ele/513638332.html
    Receiver - Onkyo HT-R340
    Front - Pioneer S-HF21
    Center -Onkyo SKC-340C
  • Phasearray
    edited December 2007
    Hah. Check the local craigslist. There are tons of Wiis on sale right now and most ebay price has fallen to the low $300s. I can't wait for these horrible greedy people to get stuck with a closet full of Wiis they can't offload.
    Receiver - Onkyo HT-R340
    Front - Pioneer S-HF21
    Center -Onkyo SKC-340C
  • edbert
    edbert Posts: 1,041
    edited December 2007
    I decided to peruse the local craiglist just out of curiousity and ran across this ad.

Don't really know if it's true or not, but it got a little chuckle out of me.
    I know just enough to be dangerous, but don't tell my wife, she thinks I'm a genius. :D

Pioneer VSX-816
    Monitor 40's - fronts, bi-amped
    Monitor 30's - surrounds
    CS1 - center
    PSW10 - I'll let you guess
    Blue Jeans Cable - speaker cable
    Daewoo 27 incher - one step up from a console
    Sony Progressive scan DVD
    XBOX

SOPA since 2008
    Here's my stuff.