Why I Don't Watch The News...

124»

Comments

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited December 2007
    jdhdiggs wrote: »
    Joe: Read about the fair tax. It give you the rates and everything.

Thanks James and DAMN IT!!! I thought I had a pretty unique idea here but as long as someone is promoting it I am with it.

Here is the one that makes most sense to me.

The only thing I disagree with here is number 3 where it says "Reimburses the tax on purchases of basic necessities." I think basic necessities should be exempt from taxation. "Reimburses" reminds me too much of the IRS and I think if this is the route we follow there should be no paper work or paper trail or waiting for a refund. Just don't tax the basic necessities; food, certain clothing etc.
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited December 2007
    Sami: You'r missing a bunch of the hidden tax load. Last I saw, Norway/Sweden had a effective tax rate of ~70% for the average person.

HI: It's to make it tolerableto the poor.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • Sami
    Sami Posts: 4,634
    edited December 2007
    You mean sales tax etc? At least they don't pay sales tax on used cars like we do... ;)

I don't pay state income tax, if I had that and I added sales tax (lucky Californians), I'd be close to 50% as well.
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited December 2007
    The best part of living in the U.S.A.? The ability to LEAVE ANYTIME YOU WANT!!!
    Sorry for yelling, I just wanted to make sure that Robert Redford, Michael Moore, Sean Penn etc. could hear me!
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,440
    edited December 2007
    ^Hehe^
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• SKsolutions
    SKsolutions Posts: 1,820
    edited December 2007
    obieone wrote: »
    Sorry for yelling, I just wanted to make sure that Robert Redford, Michael Moore, Sean Penn etc. could hear me!

There are those here that may have opposing opinions, but if not for love of country and democratic duty, wouldn't make the effort to be vocal. Your statement of -love it or leave it- is infantile. If you accept what is, because it is, then you may just be brain dead. :D
    -Ignorance is strength -
  • SKsolutions
    SKsolutions Posts: 1,820
    edited December 2007
    obieone wrote: »

There are those here that may have opposing opinions, but if not for love of country and democratic duty, wouldn't make the effort to be vocal. Your statement of -love it or leave it- is infantile. If you accept what is, because it is, then you may just be brain dead. :D
    -Ignorance is strength -
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,440
    edited December 2007
    It's like deja vu, all over again.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk