Don't You Hate Useless Threads?

Early B.
Early B. Posts: 7,900
edited August 2007 in The Clubhouse
I don't know about you, but I hate useless threads, especially the ones that go on and on and on.... and on.....and talk about absolutely nothing. They aren't insightful, thought provoking, or even intelligent. What kind of moron actually reads that crap?

So here's my proposal to eradicate useless threads on this forum and all over the Internet:

1. Every thread should have a moderator. The moderator reviews each post before it is posted. If the post is useless, it gets thrown out and no one ever has to waste time reading it.

2. You can only participate on forums if your IQ is above 100.

3. Every forum member is attached to an electrode. If they attempt to post something stupid, they automatically get shocked real hard. And it hurts.

4. If your responses aren't directly related to the original topic, the get a visit from the forum police and they do a Rodney King on your ****.

5. If you are a post ****, you will be removed from your home by said forum police and never seen again.

6. If your post is more than 150 words, repeated offenses will result in finger removal, leaving you with only thumbs and pinkies. Makes typing a bit more challenging. Besides, you can't give the guy who suggested this idea the finger unless you still have them.

7. If you don't know what the hell you're talking about, you get kicked in the stomach, then in the ****. Twice.

These seven simple rules will greatly improve all forums, especially this one. Join with me and spread the word.

Thank you. Come again.
HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
Post edited by Early B. on

Comments

• bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited July 2007
    The moderator for this thread has his work cut out for him.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited July 2007
    Early B. wrote: »
    Don't You Hate Useless Threads?

Yeah, like this one?
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • SLOCOOKN
    SLOCOOKN Posts: 704
    edited July 2007
    266 words.. You get a warning and then finger removal!:mad:
    :eek: From the bottom it looks like a steep incline, From the top another down hill slope of mine.:mad: But I know the equilibrium's there!:cool: .."Faith No More" :D
    Sony cx985v (for now)
    BBE 482i
    B&K AVP 1030
    Adcom GFA 555 mk 2
    AudioQuest Crystal 2 spk wire
    Nordost RCA
    SDA 3.1 tl RD0 tweets
    Belkin pf60
    Carver TFM 55x
    Signal Analog 2 RCA
    AudioQuestType 4
    VMPS Original Tall Boy (Mega Woofers soon)
  • Skynut
    Skynut Posts: 2,967
    edited July 2007
    You should have a shock comming.

:D
    Skynut
    SOPA® Founder
    The system Almost there
    DVD Onkyo DV-SP802
    Sunfire Theater Grand II
    Sherbourn 7/2100
    Panamax 5510 power conditioner (for electronics)
    2 PSAudio UPC-200 power conditioners (for amps)
    Front L/R RT3000p (Bi-Wired)
    Center CS1000p (Bi-Wired) (under the television)
    Center RT2000p's (Bi-Wired) (on each side of the television)
    Sur FX1000
    SVS ultra plus 2

www.ShadetreesMachineShop.com
    Thanks for looking
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited July 2007
    Early, go watch a movie (I know...you won't like it.....) :D

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • edbert
    edbert Posts: 1,041
    edited July 2007
    Sorry to hear about your misfortune. I mean getting shocked, beat to hell, taken away by the police and then kicked in the stomach and gut twice, talk about a bad day.

Do you live down the street from Strongbad?
    I know just enough to be dangerous, but don't tell my wife, she thinks I'm a genius. :D

Pioneer VSX-816
    Monitor 40's - fronts, bi-amped
    Monitor 30's - surrounds
    CS1 - center
    PSW10 - I'll let you guess
    Blue Jeans Cable - speaker cable
    Daewoo 27 incher - one step up from a console
    Sony Progressive scan DVD
    XBOX

SOPA since 2008
    Here's my stuff.
  • AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited July 2007
    Can you add another one:

- If you are constantly talking about finding "audio nirvana" and claim to be 100% totally and completely satisfied with your system, one you will keep in place for a long time. . . then, less than 3 months later, create a FS thread and/or WTB thread and talk about "going a different direction", then you should be banned from buying/selling audio gear and given a 90 day post probation.
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited July 2007
    :D:D :eek: :D:D:p:D:D
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
  • AndyGwis
    edited July 2007
    :);)
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited July 2007
    SLOCOOKN wrote: »
    266 words.. You get a warning and then finger removal!:mad:

272 for the original post according to MS word. I say we burn him!
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,163
    edited July 2007
    Stfu! ;) .
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • SLOCOOKN
    SLOCOOKN Posts: 704
    edited July 2007
    jdhdiggs wrote: »
    272 for the original post according to MS word. I say we burn him!

I just wanted to see if someone else would do it too!:p
    :eek: From the bottom it looks like a steep incline, From the top another down hill slope of mine.:mad: But I know the equilibrium's there!:cool: .."Faith No More" :D
    Sony cx985v (for now)
    BBE 482i
    B&K AVP 1030
    Adcom GFA 555 mk 2
    AudioQuest Crystal 2 spk wire
    Nordost RCA
    SDA 3.1 tl RD0 tweets
    Belkin pf60
    Carver TFM 55x
    Signal Analog 2 RCA
    AudioQuestType 4
    VMPS Original Tall Boy (Mega Woofers soon)
  • AndyGwis
    edited July 2007
    Who's moderating this thread?
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,670
    edited July 2007
    Hey, anybody else watch the All Star game ? LaRussa didn't play Pujols.

I think Pujols is from the Dominican Republic.

When I was in the Navy, our ship went by the Dominican Republic on the way to the Carribean.

That's probably why I've never been on a commercial cruise; I've seen enough water.

Our neighbor has a nice pool, though, so I like to sit by his pool and drink beer.

His wife complains a lot, though. She just got a dog from the Humane Society.

I knew a guy who worked at the Humane Society, once. He doesn't work there anymore. He liked cats a lot, too.

Some people don't, though, just like some people don't like putting sprinkle cheese on their spaghetti. I didn't know this until recently, but spaghetti didn't originate in Italy, but it actually originated in Ireland.

I like Lucky Charms cereal; I think it comes from Ireland, too. I do know that they're magically delicious. I don't know how they insert the magic deliciousness. It might be a food additive from China, so I guess I shouldn't eat 4 bowls a day.

They're made in a union factory, though; that might have something to do with it.

George Bush likes Lucky Charms, too, from what I hear. He doesn't use milk, though; supposedly, he soaks his in vodka. I hear that when Putin was here last time (he's the Chancellor of Germany), he brought a couple of cases of German vodka because he knows that Bush is an off-the-wagon alcoholic. Which is why Bush wants to bomb Ireland, because they don't make vodka in Ireland, just Lucky Charms and gin.

George Clooney actually filmed "Braveheart" in Arizona, by the way. A lot of people don't know that.
    I just watched "Braveheart" on DVD, and was wondering; what sort of interconnects should I run to my front speakers (R15's) ? I'm using bell wire at the present time ( I tapped into the front door bell circuit).

Anybody else hear that noise ? I think there's somebody in the basement .....
    ......I better .................
    Sal Palooza
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,994
    edited July 2007
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited July 2007
    This is the Club House isn't it.

Sorry I thought I just step into the Dr. Phil show....

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited July 2007
  • Skynut
    edited July 2007
    this thread isnt worth punctuation
    Skynut
    SOPA® Founder
    The system Almost there
    DVD Onkyo DV-SP802
    Sunfire Theater Grand II
    Sherbourn 7/2100
    Sur FX1000
    SVS ultra plus 2

Thanks for looking
  • edbert
    edbert Posts: 1,041
    edited July 2007
    you dotted your I's
    I know just enough to be dangerous, but don't tell my wife, she thinks I'm a genius. :D

Pioneer VSX-816
    Monitor 40's - fronts, bi-amped
    Monitor 30's - surrounds
    CS1 - center
    PSW10 - I'll let you guess
    Blue Jeans Cable - speaker cable
    Daewoo 27 incher - one step up from a console
    Sony Progressive scan DVD
    XBOX

SOPA since 2008
    Here's my stuff.
  • Skynut
    edited July 2007
    busted
    Skynut
    SOPA® Founder
    The system Almost there
    DVD Onkyo DV-SP802
    Sunfire Theater Grand II
    Sherbourn 7/2100
    Sur FX1000
    SVS ultra plus 2

Thanks for looking
  • dudeinaroom
    dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
    edited July 2007
    rofpmplmao at mrbigbulelight
  • AndyGwis
    edited July 2007
    pooping your pants?!?
  • Skynut
    edited July 2007
    thats nasty
    Skynut
    SOPA® Founder
    The system Almost there
    DVD Onkyo DV-SP802
    Sunfire Theater Grand II
    Sherbourn 7/2100
    Sur FX1000
    SVS ultra plus 2

Thanks for looking
  • dudeinaroom
    dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
    edited July 2007
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited July 2007
    Hey, anybody else watch the All Star game ? LaRussa didn't play Pujols.

I think Pujols is from the Dominican Republic.

When I was in the Navy, our ship went by the Dominican Republic on the way to the Carribean.

That's probably why I've never been on a commercial cruise; I've seen enough water.

Our neighbor has a nice pool, though, so I like to sit by his pool and drink beer.

His wife complains a lot, though. She just got a dog from the Humane Society.

I knew a guy who worked at the Humane Society, once. He doesn't work there anymore. He liked cats a lot, too.

Some people don't, though, just like some people don't like putting sprinkle cheese on their spaghetti. I didn't know this until recently, but spaghetti didn't originate in Italy, but it actually originated in Ireland.

I like Lucky Charms cereal; I think it comes from Ireland, too. I do know that they're magically delicious. I don't know how they insert the magic deliciousness. It might be a food additive from China, so I guess I shouldn't eat 4 bowls a day.

They're made in a union factory, though; that might have something to do with it.

George Bush likes Lucky Charms, too, from what I hear. He doesn't use milk, though; supposedly, he soaks his in vodka. I hear that when Putin was here last time (he's the Chancellor of Germany), he brought a couple of cases of German vodka because he knows that Bush is an off-the-wagon alcoholic. Which is why Bush wants to bomb Ireland, because they don't make vodka in Ireland, just Lucky Charms and gin.

George Clooney actually filmed "Braveheart" in Arizona, by the way. A lot of people don't know that.
    I just watched "Braveheart" on DVD, and was wondering; what sort of interconnects should I run to my front speakers (R15's) ? I'm using bell wire at the present time ( I tapped into the front door bell circuit).

Anybody else hear that noise ? I think there's somebody in the basement .....
    ......I better .................

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited July 2007
    i h8 happy birthday threads. but i cannot control mr. jesse.:rolleyes: :p

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited July 2007
    Happy B-day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited July 2007
    Early B. wrote: »
    I don't know about you, but I hate useless threads, especially the ones that go on and on and on.... and on.....and talk about absolutely nothing. They aren't insightful, thought provoking, or even intelligent. What kind of moron actually reads that crap?

Apparently you do if you know that they go on and on. :)
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited July 2007
    Game, set, match Shelby:p
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited July 2007
    wutiff a persen's eye q fols in @ 100 (+/-)1?

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.