Real gear vs. Garage sale

liv4fam
liv4fam Posts: 311
edited February 28 in Clubhouse Archives
Can anyone help me. I am confused. Why is it that you guys beat up on people that actually take there hard earned money and spend it on really nice equipment that they love. Mantis and I don't go to garage sales and buy a 50 dollar Carver amp and talk about it's a reference amplifier. We don't buy R10's and talk about they sound as good B&W Nautilus 800's. Why is it that you guys bash everyones stuff and opinions when you are no better than anyone else in this forum. I am gonna post my system in this forum so you all can kick it but I will gurantee you this not one piece is from Circuit City so kick away.
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• liv4fam
    edited August 2002
    here are the pics
  • nascarmann
    nascarmann Posts: 1,464
    edited August 2002
    liv4manuals

I have never kick anyones gear ever in here. You and mantis have kick my Yamaha gear from day one....:rolleyes:

fuckoff.gif
    Oh, the bottle has been to me, my closes friend, my worse enemy!
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited August 2002
    I see a nice Vintage (garage sale) Mic, and some Sharp/Phillips gear from Circuit City, looks good so far....

Gotta question your placement of the amp, right next to the big 1200, most people like to isolate their gear from vibration.. Not a 'kick', just an observation....
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    edited August 2002
    Nascarman,
    youl like your Yamaha???then stop crying!!!!

O just for the record the HTR line does have some minor differences then the RXV line......I know do you????????
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • liv4fam
    edited August 2002
  • liv4fam
    edited August 2002
    Nascarman I have never kicked yamaha because I own it
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    edited August 2002
    Nice "Mac", but I agree with Russ....you need to move it away from that sub before you crack something inside you're amp.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mantis
    edited August 2002
    YEAH WHAT HE SAID YOU ****:p
    Dan
  • nascarmann
    edited August 2002
    youl like your Yamaha???then stop crying!!!!

Where do you see I cried.....
  • liv4fam
    edited August 2002
    My equipment is Yamaha RXV-1, Sony DVPNS-900V, Pioneer DVL-909, RCA DRD-420RE SAT, Phillips TIVO HDR-312, Sharp VCR, Monster Power HTS 5000, Mcintosh MC-2505 AMP, Polk PSW-1200, Mitsubishi HD500 HDTV SAT, Mitsubishi WT-46809, RBH MC 616 LCR, RBH MC-6 2 pr. for Surround and Surround Back, Sonance Outdoor speakers, Microsoft XBOX, Monster Cable, Transparent Audio and Video
  • liv4fam
    edited August 2002
    I am not worried about cracking anything with my sub because I blend it real smooth I don't do SLAM mode. Not to mention that I don't do theater that much. I actually go outside.
  • mantis
    edited August 2002
    Nascarman,
    you gear is fine already dude....don't have a complex over it.

If your into a receiver as a pre amp who are we to tell you your wrong......good on yeah Bro.
    What was though's amps your using?I couldn't remember
    Dan
  • nascarmann
    edited August 2002
    Here is a quote for you liv4
    Use a yamaha receiver as a preamp and put an integra adm 2.1 amp in with it and what do you get? An earbleed and a headache!! It's not the integra but the extremely high and bright yamaha preamp

This was maybe you 2nd or 3rd post......:rolleyes:
  • mantis
    edited August 2002
    nascarman did you hear that combo before....I DID, HE DID, DID YOU?????
    Dan
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    edited August 2002
    Originally posted by liv4fam
    I actually go outside.

:confused:
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• nascarmann
    edited August 2002
    I don't have to here that combo little good buddy. He comes in here with his guns blazing talking **** when he was the one saying things about peoples gear and I have never said anything bad about anyones gear. Maybe a little rubbing about Aarons "come a long way in 10 years" RT55's....

I can tell you one thing....The Yamaha gear and the SDA's sound very good to me, no damn great to me......but I don't have a 60wpc Rotel now do I....;)
  • liv4fam
    edited August 2002
    Nascarman check it out. I am gonna break it down for you. Yamaha is a bright receiver. Integra has bright amps. Klipsch are bright speakers. Right? Right. Why I don't kick yamaha and use it myself is simple. Some speakers have a low sensitivity rating and require a lot of power like my RBH MC-616's do. I tried to mate them with a Denon AVR-3801 and you know what it just didn't work. The denon didn't haven't enough drive for my speakers therefore my dynamic range was almost non exsistent and Mantis can vouch for that. So I decided to put the RXV-995 with it to try because yamaha has a lot of power and they tend to have a lot of dynamics which I needed for my speakers, and it worked out great so I got rid of the 995 and the 3801 and bought the Yamaha RXV-1 which I currently still use today and I think it is adequate for now. When I get new speakers which will probably be soon I will most likely get rid of the RXV-1 because the speakers I am looking at do not mate with YAmaha. Thiel, Dynaudio, Energy, and so on need a very neutral amplifier with a warm sound and good headroom and dynamics which not many receivers can give you. So there is nothing wrong with yamaha they serve a purpose just like every other piece of equipment if it is mated right.
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited August 2002
    some cool stuff there, but what are you using the Mac for? is it hooked up? what would be the preamp, the Yamaha?

Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • nascarmann
    edited August 2002
    Damn hoosier......never thought about that. What is the Mac doing there?:D
  • mantis
    edited August 2002
    nascarman,
    the Rotel can't produce 750 watts amn...you'll have to step up the the real deal big man rb1090 to get what you need my bro.

The 60 watt Rotel was a mating trail peice..want it????I want to move up the Rotel ladder..Id let it go cheap.

If you read my posts like you love to do,you will see I wanted to mate Rotel and Lsi together to see if it works.Liv4fam and I have learned threw EXPERIENCE what works and what don't.

Like he did say all gear has a home......Yamaha,Bose Integra,Denon, Whatever.......it's up to you(anyone for that matter)to deside if it works for him/them.

I'm glad your into your yamaha.I was into my RXV992 when I first bought that years ago.I jst moved on from Yamaha as they don't suit my needs anymore....nice stuff not for me...
    Dan
  • liv4fam
    edited August 2002
    Nascarman do you understand that I am not kicking yamaha? It's effin killer when mated right. To answer your question Hoosier NO I am not doing receiver as preamp. The only reason it is there is because I just got finished cleaning it internally and I hooked it up to check functionality and to take pics of it. Tommorrow it will go back in the box and back in the basement until I finish piecing together my 2 channel room. I have the B&K ST-140 that I use to run my multiroom that goes where I have my mcintosh right now. And yes it is the same B&K that Mantis had, I was the original owner and now we kick it back and forth between us like everything else wires, mid-atlantic racks, speakers, etc etc.
  • mantis
    edited August 2002
    nascarman,
    when we the evil twins post about the receiver and amp thing..it's not a thought we have done it countless times.It just doesn't sound as good in our opnion as the correct pre amp for that given amp.

Do you disagree with that?You use your amps that way.Is it better then the correct matching pre amp?Id like to hear your honest no kicking comments on that one.

Smile I got my humor on i think:D ;):confused:
    Dan
  • mantis
    edited August 2002
    ATC,
    good post man.I can for one respect everything you said.

I love to upgrade more then most sane people.
    Dan
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited August 2002
    I'll just go out on a limb here and suggest that y'all just all whip out your dic*s and just see who's the bigger man. That's what this is all about, isn't it?

At what point does the bickering actually help anything?

Just curious........
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • mantis
    edited August 2002
    when the stress leaves the body!!!
    Dan
  • phuz
    phuz Posts: 2,372
    edited August 2002
  • Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited August 2002
    What I think is truly ashame is when people can't argue intelligently.

Aaron
  • phuz
    phuz Posts: 2,372
    edited August 2002
    edit... blah blah blah. :)
  • nascarmann
    edited August 2002
    I'll just go out on a limb here and suggest that y'all just all whip out your dic*s and just see who's the bigger man. That's what this is all about, isn't it?

What does that have to do with being the bigger man.....I really don't think the size of ones **** has a damn thing to do with how big a man he is.....mostly would have to do with insecurity...

KING LITTLE P
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited August 2002
    I'm hung like a tuna can.....

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut