**** will decide!!

dholmes
dholmes Posts: 1,136
edited January 2007 in The Clubhouse
I just watched a video on Msn that **** will decide which format will win, blu-ray or HDdvd, I thought that since i got Hd it would loose!!!
My HT set-up Panasonic front proj, 120 in ws screen, ATI amp,Integra 9.8 pre-pro, 2 Polk rti150, cp 1000, 4 fx 1000, Pioneer blu-ray 2 SVS sub pb 12-ultra 2, & Paragon popcorn popper. ps 3 Coaster leather HT recliners.
Post edited by dholmes on

Comments

• Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited January 2007
    And **** has picked HD DVD. **** killed Betamax and made the internet (both sleazy and wholesome) thrive.

Article at Tom's Hardware
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,600
    edited January 2007
    **** started the video tape craze to the masses as the killer app!
    It also has done wonders for the internet. They were the first ones to make money online.

**** will NOT decide this battle. Movies are now part of most households already. The first guys to market a decent $199 player will win.
    That's what will turn the corner
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited January 2007
    Still not a smart move on Sony et al.'s part saying they won't have **** on their format. Ther'es a history of technology thriving on "adult entertainment", why risk it?
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,624
    edited January 2007
    Pretty laughable that Sony would claim that only certain types of video can be put on their media........idiots.......
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited January 2007
    Holy ****, **** in HD? Count me in. :D
  • bobman1235
    edited January 2007

I don't think you s hould jump on that so eagerly. **** DEPENDS on blurriness for its survival :D
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited January 2007
    Hmmmmmmmm high def **** pimples, yea baby.

RT1
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited January 2007
    Would you really want to see all of the lipo scars and bad boob jobs in all their glory?
  • AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited January 2007
    My lil bro was telling me all about how the **** industry is bigger than the movie industry and that they are very innovative and have revolutionalized internet and video.
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited January 2007
    Well if industry has any track record to it, HD will win if **** is HD not Blu-ray. Sad but I feel that is true, the best format is not always which wins.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• wallstreet
    wallstreet Posts: 1,405
    edited January 2007
    I'd have to agree, sometimes more clarity isn't a better thing. OTOH, I'll have to make sure and audition some HD content just to make sure.
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited January 2007
    disneyjoe7 wrote:
    Well if industry has any track record to it, HD will win if **** is HD not Blu-ray. Sad but I feel that is true, the best format is not always which wins.

Didn't **** have something to do with your Witness Program there slippy fingers????

RT1
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited January 2007
    Didn't **** have something to do with your Witness Program there slippy fingers????

RT1

Yuck
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited January 2007
    Yeah, HD may not be the best thing for ****. Think about it, your vision gets blurry when you beer-goggle, not clearer.
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited January 2007
    If this is true HD-DVD will come off with a win.
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited January 2007

RT1

You're cracking me up man. :D

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited January 2007
    **** will decide nothing and have a very minor (if any) effect on either format or a winner.
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited January 2007
    Sorry, I don't need Sony telling me what I should or shouldn't watch.
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited January 2007
    Nobody's running out a daily bases to buy $30/40 a pop for HD DVD ****. To many other outlets. This will have very little to do with the formats. I have to say, i think Blu-Ray is slowly pulling ahead right now.
  • bknauss
    bknauss Posts: 1,441
    edited January 2007
    sucks2beme wrote:
    **** started the video tape craze to the masses as the killer app!
    It also has done wonders for the internet. They were the first ones to make money online.

**** will NOT decide this battle. Movies are now part of most households already. The first guys to market a decent $199 player will win.
    That's what will turn the corner

Uh, pron decided VHS vs Beta and also DVD vs. Divx. I see no reason why it won't help decide the current format war, if anyone actually wins.
    Brian Knauss
    ex-Electrical Engineer for Polk
  • bknauss
    bknauss Posts: 1,441
    edited January 2007

Several movies are already in WMV-HD. Look up "Island Fever 3" (or 4). The trailer is pretty damn amazing with its clarity.
    Brian Knauss
    ex-Electrical Engineer for Polk
  • Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited January 2007
    bknauss wrote:
    Uh, pron decided VHS vs Beta and also DVD vs. Divx. I see no reason why it won't help decide the current format war, if anyone actually wins.
    exactly!!! I've said since the war started that **** will determine it. I've seen copies of both formats in **** so we'll see...
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited January 2007
    don't know if **** will decide the war, but i can comment on the material. had spiceHD on satellite for a spell and it was awesome. the hotties looked even hotter, perhaps even closer to real life. whether a woman has pimples or scars or 5 o'clock shadows shouldn't matter. it's all about presenting the video to the consumer in a life-like manner. don't tell me you'd prefer to have a low-budget magazine with shotty pictures vs. a higher-class one with photo-realistic pics. of course, the higher the quality of the media, the higher the quality of the chicks they have on their payroll.

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • bobman1235
    edited January 2007
    Or the higher quality of airbrush artist, really.
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited January 2007

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.