Sennheiser hd650's

Options
sucks2beme
sucks2beme Posts: 5,558
edited July 2005 in 2 Channel Audio
After reading about the 650's here, I decided to go listen to a set.
You would think in a major market like Dallas/Ft. Worth that would be easy to find a dealer. Not the case. The only place that has any of the better Senn's was in south Ft. Worth.
They were worth the trip. They had them hooked up to a McIntosh
C45 preamp and a Rotel 1072 cdp. The sound was wonderfull!
The highs and lows were greatly improved over the hd590's.
Smoother,clearer, and best of all not brutal to wear like the Grado
stuff. This will be my next set of cans.
"The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
Post edited by sucks2beme on

Comments

• danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited July 2005
    Options
    cool.. how much do they run? i'm still looking for a comfortable set of headphones.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,558
    edited July 2005
    Options
    They list at $545. Saw some new sets on Ebay in the mid $300 range.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited July 2005
    Options
    Check out the forums at headfi.org. Many on sale there for much cheaper. Senns are awesome cans.

Glad to see they had it hooked up to a decent system too.
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,521
    edited July 2005
    Options
    I have the 650s hooked to a Headamp Gilmore GS-1 amplifier.... pretty darn good is an understatement.

This rig cost me about $1G and took out a bit of my speaker budget.... *sigh*. :(
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited July 2005
    Options
    The 650 is next on my list.