Show me your ****(embly), and let me get in your guts baby!

Comments

• Moose68BashMoose68Bash Posts: 3,589
    edited September 2012
    I've got an interesting piece of equipment, pictures of which I want to post on this thread as soon as I can dig it out of the closet and take the photos.

A little tease: Perhaps an iPod precursor?

More to come later; I hope later today, but maybe tomorrow.

Cheers!

Sorry -- it looks like I won't be able to post it till after my trip to Polkfest!
    Family Room, PS Audio PW Transport, DirectStream DAC w/Bridge II; AQ Sky XLRs, McIntosh MC 220 Tube Pre; AQ Sky XLRs, CAT 600.2 Dualmono Amp, Morrow SP7 Speaker Cables, SDA SRS 1.2tls (RD0198s, Dreadnought, Black Hole 5, Acousta-Stuf, Dynamat Extreme, JBWeld. Vr3 Mods: "The Abbot" Monastery-Level Xovers, Custom Internal Wiring, Binding Post Plates, & SDA ICs).

Exercise Room, Wadia 171 iPod Dock, PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ Sky XLRs, Perreaux PMF3150 Amp, Dreadnought, Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables, SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers).

Synology 713+ NAS on Gigabit LAN serving PW MkII DAC & DirectStream DAC.
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 7,055
    edited October 2012
    Krell S-300i - Great design!
    KRS300i_INT-Large.jpg
    "Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
  • zingozingo Audiophile Posts: 11,829
    edited October 2012
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 7,055
    edited October 2012
    Love the "stealth" wiring around the toroidal. What kind of amp is that?
    "Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
    edited November 2012
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Love the "stealth" wiring around the toroidal. What kind of amp is that?

Balanced Audio Technology 200-VK; 100wpc at 8 ohms, 200wpc at 4 ohms high bias class A/AB (the amp bench tests at about 75% more than the rated power specs :cheesygrin:). The gets a hot as many SS true class A amps I've owned, but it still sounds warm and detailed with much more power and punch. Despite the sparse look in the chassis, because of the transformer and heat-sinks, the amp still weighs about 65lbs.
  • SCompRacerSCompRacer Posts: 7,149
    edited November 2012
    Krell KSL balanced pre amp with Krell MM/MC Phono Board. Primarily Roederstien EK caps and Sprague. I've seen later versions with all Sprague caps. A nice TKD volume control. The first two are Carl's pictures from when it was first sold.
    Make yourself necessary to someone. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ & Pro 11+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS* Twisted Pear Buffalo III Dual Mono ESS Sabre32 DAC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *

• schwarcwschwarcw Posts: 7,208
    edited November 2012
    Hey Rich!

I see that you have your tools out again! LOL! I took the first two pics, but the last two have your fingerprints on them.

What a fabulous preamp!
    Carl

edited November 2012
    Hey Carl! Just a little bench check, pop the top, clean, run an EKG and check pulse.:cheesygrin:

Ed is trying to set me up with its old friend, the Krell-der KSA-250. Despite the age it is a very impressive pre amp and phono stage.

Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ & Pro 11+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS* Twisted Pear Buffalo III Dual Mono ESS Sabre32 DAC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *

• GaaraGaara Posts: 2,416
    edited December 2012
    Recent purchase -> PeachTree Audio Decco65

Decco65 v2.jpg
  • FaceFace Posts: 14,714
    edited December 2012
    Looks like they've beefed up their products a bit. Does this one have balance issues at low volumes like the original Nova?
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • lanchilelanchile Posts: 566
    edited December 2012
    These are the guts of my diy passive integrated amp.
    Make it simple...Make it better!
  • GaaraGaara Posts: 2,416
    edited December 2012
    Face wrote: »
    Looks like they've beefed up their products a bit. Does this one have balance issues at low volumes like the original Nova?

Not that I have heard, and I keep the volume between 9 and 11 mostly. I know they changed the amps to IcePower for the new Nova and Grand Integrated, and a chip amp for the Decco, not sure what other changes were made.

Am looking at the new Nova now for the HT, torn between that and a W4S Mint. If I get it i'll be sure to pop the top and show the guts of that one to, though the only difference should be the amp.
  • FaceFace Posts: 14,714
    edited December 2012
    I'm currently using a Mint, it's a nice sounding unit and should be a step above the new Nova.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • cstmar01cstmar01 Posts: 4,398
    edited December 2012
  • nspindelnspindel Posts: 5,346
    edited December 2012
    Dared MC-7P, stock:

IMG_1174.jpg

And after I upgraded the coupling caps:

IMG_1188.jpg
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.
    edited December 2012
    cstmar01 wrote: »
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

Very nice BAT...
  • cstmar01cstmar01 Posts: 4,398
    edited December 2012
    zingo wrote: »
    Very nice BAT...

Thanks! Not sure what happened to my pictures as it got upside down and I'm missing some.
    edited December 2012
    cstmar01 wrote: »
    Thanks! Not sure what happened to my pictures as it got upside down and I'm missing some.

I just flipped the old laptop over....:cheesygrin: Nice BAT Chris!

• Glen BGlen B Posts: 269
    edited March 2013
    Nudies from my equipment collection:

Class
    Main System: Denon DP-59L | Audio-Technica AT33EV | Marantz SA-11S2 | Classe DR-10 | Classe CA-300 | Classe RC-1 | PSB Stratus Gold i's | DIY Balanced AC Power Conditioner | Acoustic Zen and NeoTech cables | Oyaide and Furutech power connectors | Dedicated 20A isolated ground line.

Home Theater: Toshiba D-VR5SU | Laptop #1 |Outlaw Audio OAW3 wireless audio system | Marantz SR-19 | Phase Linear 400 Series 2, modified | AudioSource 10.1 EQ (for subs) | Axiom M3 v3’s | Axiom VP150 | Optimus PRO-X55AVs | Dayton 12” powered subs (x2) | Belkin PureAV PF-60 line conditioner.

Party System: Laptop #2 | Audioquest Dragonfly USB DAC | Technics SU-A6 | Acurus A-250 | Radio Shack 15-band EQ | Pioneer SR-9 reverb | Cerwin Vega DX9's | Dayton 100° x 60° horns with titanium HF/MF compression drivers.
  • Polkie2009Polkie2009 Posts: 3,836
    edited March 2013
    Excellent pics Glen! I actually saw something in the Phase Linear picture that shows an item I have on a Soundcraftsmen amp. Looks like a starburst shaped sleeve that's on the little capacitors??? Are they for cooling? That Outlaw Audio M200 amp looks like it would be sweet for a center channel amp.
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 22,548
    edited March 2013
    The things you describe are indeed heat sinks, to dissipate heat. They are usually found on transistors and/or integrated circuits (i.e., active devices) that dissipate some heat, not on capacitors. Some power resistors will have a similar structure, typically built in to them.
  • soundfreak1soundfreak1 Posts: 2,829
    edited March 2013
    2265b. Guts.jpg
    Marantz 2265B
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • Polkie2009Polkie2009 Posts: 3,836
    edited March 2013
    Thanks for the info mrh, I looked closer at Glen's pic of his Phase Linear and the heatsinks are on something that looks more round and flat and not cylindrical like a cap. :wink: I really admire how the Japanese made their electronics so well organized under the hood.:). That Pioneer looks beautiful.
    edited March 2013
    Polkie2009 wrote: »
    Excellent pics Glen! I actually saw something in the Phase Linear picture that shows an item I have on a Soundcraftsmen amp. Looks like a starburst shaped sleeve that's on the little capacitors??? Are they for cooling?
    Yes, the starbust shaped sleeves are heatsinks, placed on the driver transistors to dissipate heat. The top Classe picture and the SAE2400 also have ones that are clearly visible. In the Class
    Main System: Denon DP-59L | Audio-Technica AT33EV | Marantz SA-11S2 | Classe DR-10 | Classe CA-300 | Classe RC-1 | PSB Stratus Gold i's | DIY Balanced AC Power Conditioner | Acoustic Zen and NeoTech cables | Oyaide and Furutech power connectors | Dedicated 20A isolated ground line.

Home Theater: Toshiba D-VR5SU | Laptop #1 |Outlaw Audio OAW3 wireless audio system | Marantz SR-19 | Phase Linear 400 Series 2, modified | AudioSource 10.1 EQ (for subs) | Axiom M3 v3’s | Axiom VP150 | Optimus PRO-X55AVs | Dayton 12” powered subs (x2) | Belkin PureAV PF-60 line conditioner.

Party System: Laptop #2 | Audioquest Dragonfly USB DAC | Technics SU-A6 | Acurus A-250 | Radio Shack 15-band EQ | Pioneer SR-9 reverb | Cerwin Vega DX9's | Dayton 100° x 60° horns with titanium HF/MF compression drivers.
    edited March 2013
    Some more nudies:

Marantz SR19 receiver w/fan-cooled outputs
    SR-19_03.jpg

SR-19_05.jpg

SR-19_01.jpg

Yamaha C-60 preamp
    C-60_04.jpg

Nikko Alpha 2000
    Alpha2000_04_zps442c0d1a.jpg

Class

• ZLTFULZLTFUL Posts: 5,049
    edited March 2013
    I love me some transformers and the pair in the Omega Omicron... *drool*
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • ZLTFULZLTFUL Posts: 5,049
    edited March 2013
    Not mine. Audio Research VT200MKII.
    My buddy's shop recently got one in on consignment. I listened to it tonight and am SERIOUSLY considering selling my dirtbike to fund it.

And yes...that's *8* *pairs* of 6650Cs.

Audio-Research-VT200-MK2-inside3.jpg

They had it paired with an Audio Research SP9 MKIII Hybrid tube pre...

post-32-1256454284.jpg
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • blairfrischxblairfrischx Posts: 257
    edited March 2013
    Just because I love looking inside of it: Stello DA100 Signature DAC

Face:
    Ycf5vdO.jpg?1

Inside:
    P4QX7yW.jpg

Some other pictures of inside (link)
    USB Interface: Stello U2, Nuforce uDAC2 ║ DAC: Stello DA100 Signature, Keces DA-151 MK2
    Headamp: Darkvoice 336SE, Bottlehead Crack ║ Headphones: Sennheiser HD650, AKG Q701, Audio-Technica ATH-M50
    Amplifiers: PS Audio 200CX, DIY Class D Monoblocks, Parasound HCA 1200 II ║ Speakers: Dayton RS621, Focal 807V, LSA1 Statement, Soliloquy 5.3
    Power: Yulong P18, Rotel RLC900, Cyberpower 1000VA PFC UPS
    edited April 2013
    Denon DP-59L

dp59_01_zpscbdfc4f6.jpg

edited April 2013
    Audiosource AMP100, 60W x 2/ 150W bridged.

Audio_100_01_zps03ba5495.jpg:original

Amp-100_01_zps0c8aeabb.jpg:original

Amp-100_03_zpsbc1dbcfb.jpg:original

Amp-100_02_zps5e21ac25.jpg:original