Shaun of the Dead

Options
woodyjacobs
woodyjacobs Posts: 706
edited March 2005 in Music & Movies
I thought this one was hilarious...watched it twice over the holiday weekend...even the wife liked it. Imagine an English comedy/horror film done by a director who obviously likes Guy Ritchie's film-making style. Great stuff IMO.
system 1:
Athena: AS-F1 mains, AS-C1 center, AS-B1 surrounds, AS-P400 sub, Yammie RXV-730, Rotel RB-976 driving front stage, Samsung BD3600 Blue Ray, Denon DVD2900 for sacd/cd , jbl n24awII on the deck, samsung 40" 1080p lcd

system 2:
XBox 360 Spherex 5.1 system, HK DVD38, Phillips CDC 926 CD changer, Phillips 32" LCD

2 channel
NAD 1600 pre, NAD 2400 THX amp, Phillips CDC 926, Linn extra speaks, crappy TT
Post edited by woodyjacobs on

Comments

• bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited January 2005
    Options
    Originally posted by woodyjacobs
    I thought this one was hilarious...watched it twice over the holiday weekend...even the wife liked it. Imagine an English comedy/horror film done by a director who obviously likes Guy Ritchie's film-making style. Great stuff IMO.

I agree, I saw it in the theaters, it was an absolute riot. Dry British humor gets me every time.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited March 2005
    Options
    Just watched this one tonight, and thought it was great!
  • Loud & Clear
    Loud & Clear Posts: 1,538
    edited March 2005
    Options
    Couple highlights for me:

When they were trying to 'fit in' with the zombies by attempting to behave similarly.

When they thought the female zombie was completely wasted and trying to hit on Shaun in their backyard.

Two Channel Setup:

Speakers: Wharfedale Opus 2-3
    Integrated Amp: Krell S-300i
    DAC: Arcam irDac
    Source: iMac
    Remote Control: iPad Mini

3.2 Home Theater Setup:

Fronts: Klipsch RP-160M
    Center: Klipsch RP-160M
    Subwoofer: SVS PB12NSD (X 2)
    AVR: Yamaha Aventage RX-A2030
    Blu Ray: Sony BDP-S790
    TV Source: DirecTV Genie
  • Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited March 2005
    Options
    yeah, that was not given the credit it deserved. Classic british comedy. Gotta love it! And really not to bad for a zombie flick. haha
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited March 2005
    Options
    This movie had some absolutely great parts. When they think the lady is drunk in the backyard, those next 5 minutes are GOLD.

"What's that?"
    "The Batman Soundtrack"
    "Throw it!"
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin