Who's in a band

-justin-
-justin- Posts: 891
edited February 27 in Clubhouse Archives
I went to see a band play this past week and it stirred up all these memories of being in a band in high school. Man did I love being in a band. It rocked! So who out there has also been in a band? There are enough of you that listen to music. How many play it?

[wishing i was a rock star] ~JB
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited July 2001
    ...I play acoustic and electric bass. Buddy of mine is a professor on the drum kit, we like to get down every now and then.

I use Ibanez guitars, Ampeg amps, DiMarzio interconnects, DOD pedals, GHS strings.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • wangotango68
    wangotango68 Posts: 1,056
    edited July 2001
    ive played the guitar for the last 6 years i have a ibanez gsa 60
    and a crate 6-60 amp. its nice to turn it up to 11 but then the phone call from the neighbors comes.

scott:cool:
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited July 2001
    Isn't Micah a Flute player?;)

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited July 2001
    ROTFLMOA

Im DYIN here!!!!!

R
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • carvinman1
    carvinman1 Posts: 62
    edited July 2001
    I've been in and out of various local bands for the last 36 years.
    It is great therapy! Currently, I am in an acoustic rock duo.
    I don't plan to stop anytime soon, because I like the free beer. LOL

I play Carvin, Ovation, and Taylor guitars. Live music is like a cool beverage, drink often.

Dan
  • Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited July 2001
    Micah: "It's like this one time, at band camp....." :D

Aaron

P.S. I guess I can't say much since I was in the various band in high school. I was a trumpet player. I still have 3 of them laying around. I really need to play them......this is depressing.
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited July 2001
    The drums. 3 bands.
    1. Fried Chicken

2. Re-Fried Chicken

3. D.A.P. (Disperse-a-Party)

We would promise everybody, "Oh yeah Stones? We do them. Beatles? Couple songs." Then we would show up and jam to Mother's songs all night long. D.A.P.

My fondest memory, was absolutely getting the **** kicked out of us by about 50 guys at this party. Not because of the music. We were from a different section of Brooklyn. Once that word started spreading around, all we hit was sour notes. I remember seeing my cousin go down, when one of my cymbals was frisbeed into the side of his head. Man it was a mess. Took me forever to get that cymbal squared away after that.

George Grand (of the Jersey Grand's)

George Grand (of the Jersey Grand's)
  • jeffeb3
    jeffeb3 Posts: 106
    edited July 2001
    Baritone, accoustic guitar, Chello, recorder and piano just enough to play Mary had a Little Lamb.
  • TrappedUnder Ice
    TrappedUnder Ice Posts: 975
    edited July 2001
    Well...Up till I got married...I played drums and was in an Origional local band...At the time..seattle was booming..and we were gonna move there..but I decided to get married instead since the woman would not move also...

Always used Tama's...been looking at another drum kit..and maybe do some local bar -remake stuff..but HT pretty much drained me for now...
  • sgtgto
    sgtgto Posts: 310
    edited July 2001
    Hi:

I was in Air Force bands for 71/2 years. 1962--1969. Enjoyed it very much, but rank was vey slow and I got tired of the lifestyle.
    When I was in the AF Band of Flight, at Wright Patterson AFB, Ohio, in the summer months, we sometimes worked 35 - 40 days in a row. We always got compensatory time off.

We usually had rehearsal in the morning from 8 till 10 or 11 with a break in between. After that if you didn't have a gig or individual practice the rest of the day was free. It was a real experience believe me.

Gary